Was someone here barefoot running in or near Central Park yesterday morning?

Scratch

Barefooters
Jul 9, 2013
Last night, as I came home from bowling league, I turned on the broadcast of the Phillies-Mets game and the two announcers, Scott Franzke and Larry Andersen, began chatting some. Franzke asked Andersen if he had done his workout today, and Andersen said he had never put his shoes on, and had just done some stretching. Franzke felt that was at least an improvement over the prior day when Andersen had only thought about doing a workout. Andersen said that just thinking about it had tired him out pretty good.

But then, Franzke, because of what Andersen had said about not putting his shoes on, said something like, "But now, this morning, I saw a guy in Central Park running barefooted!"

Andersen said, "What? On the grass?"

"No, on the pavement, in the street."

"Wow, that must hurt."

Please understand this is probably not a verbatim rendering of what they said, I've had to improvise off the impressions I had while listening and driving home.

But hey, maybe one of us made the Phillies broadcast last night. Thumbs up to you.

Reactions: happysongbird
I did run through there yesterday morning, as usual, but there are several other barefoot runners that use the park as well - they just don't post here!

Well, if it was you, be glad to know that the Phillies radio announcers were greatly concerned about the health of your mind as well as your feet.

What I learned from them is that the only physical workout that's appropriate for bare feet is stretching, and that if you really want to workout, you need to wear shoes. I'll make sure to purchase a good solid pair of workout shoes on my way home tonight.

Well, if it was you, be glad to know that the Phillies radio announcers were greatly concerned about the health of your mind as well as your feet.
Them and my mother!

What I learned from them is that the only physical workout that's appropriate for bare feet is stretching, and that if you really want to workout, you need to wear shoes. I'll make sure to purchase a good solid pair of workout shoes on my way home tonight.

I'm so glad they know they know everything about all there is to know ;)