WARNING: Contains Graphic Pictures -- Well, I'm off to my first surgery. Wish me well!

Barefoot TJ wrote:I'm off

Barefoot TJ said:
I'm off the meds; sadly, I ran out. :-(

..... the scar is so thin, I don't think I will notice it much later once it's completely healed, especially after I use the Mederma and Vitamin E oil.

I know you realize running out of the meds was really a good thing. And as for the scar, I'm happy that the cover up won't become a reality. Like you said, "nothing wrong with it", to each their own, but as you already know def not my thing.

Thanks, All!  I'm doing

Thanks, All! I'm doing better and better every day. The Plantar Fasciitis is getting stronger in my right foot, but that only makes sense, since I have been walking (what little I can) on my heels to get around. I had the stitches taken out yesterday, so hopefully, I will never have to see a doctor for this problem ever again.

GOOD NEWS for me!

These are before and after pictures of my toes. Before having the neuromas removed (two in each foot), you can see that in the first picture that the neuromas caused my toes (2nd and 3rd) to spread apart into the Vulcan salute. Today was the first day I was able to stand in the shower since the surgeries, so I noticed that my toes are now coming together, the way they should be, the way they used to be. They still have a little way to go, but I hope to have straight toes again soon. ( Please ignore the swelling and bruising...and scarring, which I'm sure will lighten in the months/years to come.)

BEFORE

Before.jpg

AFTER

After.jpg

Damn!  Looks like the

Damn! Looks like the neuromas also made your toenails turn black...

I'm glad you're healing. Keep up the repairs.

Thanks.  My mom is none too

Thanks. My mom is none too happy about the polish either. She's so old school.

I have some very deep, dark scars. They are extremely tender. I have weird, shooting and burning pains. I can stay on my feet longer now, but have to sit down quite a bit. I cannot walk far. The PF is getting worse, since I am avoiding putting weight on the balls of my feet, but I expected as much. I had to have a nerve block in both ankles a couple weeks ago. I don't know if that helped. I'm making progress, it's just slow-going.

Thanks for asking about me, Ahcuah. It means a lot.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11