waaaaa - gonna do the foot coffin thing a couple times :-P

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
The soles of both my feet are hurting all of a sudden, and my feet themselves seem kind of puffy, swollen. They hurt when I wake up and take those first steps. No real specific pain I can identify, but it feels like a signal that disaster is looming, or, as PG Wodehouse might say, Fate is busy slipping the horseshoe into the boxing glove.

So, I'm gonna do the next couple o' runs in .... ugh, I can't even type the word... you know what I mean.

Well, it'll be my most worn out Inov-8's, so at least they're neutral with very little cushioning. It'll be interesting to see how my legs react.

Oh, hey, any tips on how to slice open the toe box to make more room for the little piggies? I'm gonna try to figure out how to do that without having the whole shoe (there, I wrote it) fall apart on me.

How about taking off a few

How about taking off a few days to let your feet heal. Avoid the shhhhhoooooes if at all possible.

a little rest Willie and

a little rest Willie and you'll be good to go :)

Isn't the point to barefoot

Isn't the point to barefoot running that it keeps you from doing too much because our feet let us know when we are making mistakes or going overboard? Your feet are talking to you Dude, if you don't listen up then will start screaming next!

Incidentally, I've been like that a time or two, but I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Take some time to rest, if it starts hapening often or really interferes with your training, check in with your doc.

Hey there - you guys

Hey there - you guys (actually, now I look at it again, gals) are right, of course. The thing is, I'm kind of committed to a couple weekly runs these days - once a week as a kind of cheeleader for a friend of a friend and once a week with a group that likes long miles and steeeeeep hills. Plus, if I'm going to run a marathon this fall, I have to have the time on my legs now, I know that.

Anyway, it only amounted to one run, a 13 miler in the mountains with the group on Saturday, in my Inov-8s. That wore me out and I took Sun and Today (Mon) off. I'll do a BF run tomorrow and judge things from there.

(PS @ TJ - I'm working on that profile, just haven't had time on the PC - it's like that with me. Either I'm busy 100% or 0% of the time, and very little room in the middle...)

Can I just say?  Yes, I

Can I just say? Yes, I can... You shouldn't be running in or out of shoes if your feet are injured.