w/e 8/7

I had  a pretty awesome week!

I had a pretty awesome week! I got a total of 27 miles in. I would have added in a 10 mile run on Saturday but Friday night I was messing around with my stride length and got shin splints in my left leg. Hopefully I can resist the urge to run for a couple more days so it can heal a little. All barefoot, all the time!

Have a great week!

Sam in Va Bch, Va

Mileage & Race

Mileage & Race Report

Mileage: 18 miles (Mon - 3, Tue - 4, Thu - 2, Fri - 3, Sat - 6.2). The thursday run was cool, on a high school track. Did 8 laps, 2 for speed (1:26 was the fastest). My 1/2 mile record is 3:03, so if I had a brain I would've kept going, and probably nailed that record. May have started a little blister on that track, it's nasty, sneaky stuff. Friday was all on crushed limestone and gravel, which actually feels pretty great.

Saturday was a 10K race in Dover, Ohio. The race wasn't set up that great, no directions for out-of-towners on parking; the race was possibly 6.1 instead of 6.2; crappy t-shirt; weaved through a bunch of neighborhoods for no good reason; only pepperoni pizza at the end (me vegetarian); and the photographers only took pictures of the 5K runners. Other than that, a fun time, lol. I was the only barefoot runner out 51 doing the 10K. My time was 47:48 for a 7:45 pace. No big injuries, but my feet definitely feel a little more "zinged" than usual. All road, with varying consistencies. About half of it was some real sandpaper road with tons of pebbles in it. Probably helped me keep my form, so I shouldn't complain.

I met all my race goals for the year, now all I have to do is some 20+ mile weeks, and I can call 2010 an unabashed success!

23 Miles Bare.  A couple of

23 Miles Bare. A couple of firsts last week. First 13 mile run bare. First 8 mile run trails bare. Keep up the good work all!

I am new to the forum and

I am new to the forum and mistakenly posted this in someone's personal mileage thread...whoops. Not only did I just start running, but I decided to do it barefoot...

I have also added a blog on this site that I have been doing for the last week on facebook(at the request of my little sister) So if you guys want to chime in with advice or tell me I'm doing it wrong...feel free.

I just started running on Saturday...AND

I ran barefoot for the first time this week:

1.25 on Sunday

.48 on the treadmill Monday (in socks...)

1.25 Tuesday

1.25 on Wednesday

1.25 on Thursday

2.5 on Saturday "long"er run

7.98 miles this week of which

7.5 barefoot miles

(I am on a base in Afghanistan and everyone gives me funny looks)

But someone did tell me they overheard a group of people talking about that "crazy guy who runs barefoot"

14.04 miles this week. Had

14.04 miles this week. Had to cut one run short because of the heat. Waited till middle of the day to run in 100+ degree temperatures on "newer" BLACKtop. Switched to the sidewalk after a while, but part of the time the sidewalk was a red concrete and that felt pretty hot too.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts