w/e 8/7

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
New week! We're halfway through it already, so thought I'd get it up and running. What are you up to this week? We have our first MN meetup this Saturday at the Minnesota Half Marathon and 5K. I'll be doing the 5k

Sunday..yard work

Monday...4hrs yard work, 1hr latin dance (barefoot)

Tuesday..4.5mi run with jogger (stubbed left big toe), 1hr zumba

Wednesday..1hr zumba

Woot Woot, Minnesota!  The

Woot Woot, Minnesota! The BRS is always looking for race reports and meetup reports with pictures for the home page's News Show...hint...hint.

Oh we'll have LOTS of

Oh we'll have LOTS of pictures of happy dirty feet TJ :)

More miles to report!

More miles to report!

Sunday..yard work

Monday...4hrs yard work, 1hr latin dance (barefoot)

Tuesday..4.5mi run with jogger (stubbed left big toe), 1hr zumba

Wednesday..1hr zumba

Thursday..4.25mi fast run. Speed's coming along!

Friday..1hr Zumba

OK, I'll bite:Sunday: 1mi

OK, I'll bite:

Sunday: 1mi huaraches, 4mi VFF

Monday: 4mi VFF (road)

Tuesday: 4mi VFF (road)

Wednesday: 6mi huaraches (trail)

Thursday: 4mi new 'rockstop' huaraches (trail)

today is a rest (massage) day, but even a short run saturday will put me at a new weekly distance pr, which is cool.

Tues - ca. 4 miles (too lazy

Tues - ca. 4 miles (too lazy to do mapping) in water shoes

Thurs - 4.4 miles (with hubby!) bare except for last 1/2 mile

I'm posting this now because I am officially done and I need to put it on paper that I am promising not to run this weekend. My legs and feet need a severe cutback week (I was doing 12-14). I have been doing alot of bodyweight stuff lately and the 6 hours standing volunteering at the triathlon didn't help. I think the squats are really stressing my feet (in a good way to add muscle) and I just need to rest them. I have a mile race next Saturday so I need to get all healed.

That's sounds like a good

That's sounds like a good idea, JSchwab. Just post here, everybody, when you want to tell yourself, "No more running!" until next week.

Just a little over 14 miles

Just a little over 14 miles running this week (including 10 today). And one mile walking. All mileage this week in VFFs.

I was trying to let my calves heal this week before my race today. Almost worked... ;)

Wed. 8/4 - 2.36 miles

Wed. 8/4 - 2.36 miles -BFR

Thur. 8/5 - 2.75 miles - BFR

Sat. 8/7 - 3.13 miles - BFR

8.24 miles - BFR total for the week.

Caught a cold early in the week.... It was short lived but my energy was low, performance was flat, and my legs were dead even today. I don't think it's over training... but I'm going to mix in some biking next week just to give my body a bit of a break and add variety.

On the upside my feet have felt great even on the gnarliest of trails. I also feel like I'm on the verge of having one of those breakthrough moments in technique.

S. Pimp.

Pimp, feel better. Hate that

Pimp, feel better. Hate that sluggish dead leg sick feeling. LOTS of VitC my friend!

Schwab, rest up Mama. Sounds like you could use some rest.

Nice mileage all! Keep it up:)

Got 5k in this am, awesome meet up with Saypay:) Woot Woot for first MN BRS meetup

. so 11.85mi this week.

I'll just go with the flow on

I'll just go with the flow on the dates here. My week ends Sunday, but since it is still Saturday I'll go with it, LOL. I've put in 27 barefoot miles this week. Yesterday was hills, today I ran around the flight line. The pavement here is pristine so my feet are great. The heat and humidity are kicking my backside though, been napping after my runs this weekend!

Well, I kept my no running

Well, I kept my no running promise so far, but had a training session on Friday full of rowing, dynamic squats with ball throw. From my waist down I feel like I'm on fire. Normal soreness, but not exactly the rest I was looking for. I had been self-conscious doing my squats since I always feel like I am doing them wrong or too wimpy, but the trainer said she and her trainee from the other night ( who was in super shape as far as I could tell) had seen me doing them and they were both very impressed. I have "dynamic legs". Of course, I am wondering why my dynamic legs have never gotten me faster than your average turtle?

Mon - 5.3 miles BFTue - 5

Mon - 5.3 miles BF

Tue - 5 miles BF / 7.2 miles BF

Thu - 7.5 miles BF

Sat - 20.3 miles Huaraches

45.3 miles for the week. Tempted to bust out 5 later today just to say I did 50

18 miles for me this week.

18 miles for me this week. 2.5 were an improvised interval session as I just happened to run by a track.

Mon- 1.25 mile BF runWed-

Mon- 1.25 mile BF run

Wed- 1.25 mile BF run, re-injured foot

Rest of the week- OFF :(

But friday, lots of body surfing at the beach 8)