VFF in rain - arch blisters

fjordrunner

Barefooters
Aug 17, 2013
Hallo all,
I have started with VFF 3 weeks ago (Spyridon). I did some 3-5 km runs. I felt my calfs but other than that everything OK - just a bit hot spot on one of my toes. Last 2 times it was raining so I wanted to try my VFF in rain. First time I got a small blister on my arch (in the front). Yesterday I went again for around 8km and the blister just got bloody + I got the same one on my other feet. Most probably my technique is not 100% yet + maybe I jumped a bit too fast into minimalistic running. I also read that I should get socks,...but is that the only solution? Did anybody experience something similar?

Thanks,..
m.

Reactions: Sid
VFFs cause lots of people to have blisters, and rain only helps them on along.

Reactions: happysongbird
IT will be a combination of the VFF's and your technique. The VFF's will be quite grippy in the rain but your wet feet will slide around inside and it's the friction that is causing the blisters.
Many moons ago (1980's) I was running in a racing tour event 52 mile race over the week in all different disciplines, hill racing, half marathon, cross country. It was in the cross country where I made the error of rubbing vaseline around my toes and wearing spikes without socks. The spikes stopped me sliding around in the mud but my feet slid around inside the shoes and by the end I had a 2 inch blister right across the ball of the foot ouch. Worse was that I had a 9 mile race the next day. I popped the blister and bandaged the foot. Needless to say the race the next day was not the best. The blister rubbed off to raw skin underneath and running on that was pretty painful.
Get the technique right and the blisters will go.

Neil

your skin needs time to thicken as well. go bf first to learn technique and when to call it quits. then put on shoes.

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS