Very little research is ever replicated or confirmed

Good find, Lee!

Reactions: Bare Lee
i juat watched a tedmed where the dr said if they get negative results of what they wanted they usually don't publish. he said how it was a shame because that would stop many deaths. if i had better skills and a real computer i would post the link.

i found the link. enjoy.
Basically, we can safely ignore all the inductive bs of the barefoot/minimalist versus heavy running shoe research and trust the deductive reasoning of the evolutionary argument as well as our own accumulating anecdotal evidence (Edit:), and populations studies, comparing groups of habitually shod and barefoot people, where quantification is relatively simple and straight-forward.

in other words - "We're not going to show you any of the doxens or hundreds of tests that fail to prove our theory, just the one or two that we were able to alter the testing to get the results we wanted ..."

And to think, i used to actually have faith in the scientific method of testing and review...

more and more people are treating science like religion. they are afraid to do anything unless science says it's ok. they don't understand science is another man made concept to explain how things work and sometimes make new things. it's a useful tool and that's all. tools need to be used as necessary, not all the time.

Reactions: migangelo