Utah Chapter Members

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by rik, Mar 11, 2014.

1. rik Barefooters
    1. Utah

Message Count:
    Hello,
    Fellow Utah runners and fans of the Utah page. It is prime running season so take off your shoes and push back that chair and get to know a road near you. We would love to hear how you are doing and what is up with your soles. How are the tough souls doing ? are you building them up ? and how was your winter ? Were you able to get out ? And to you have any running plans for the new year. We would love to share some of your success or share the not so much of the success. We all have some good excuses we can talk about them as well. Do you have any questions for the group ?or advice we welcome your comments and hope you will welcome any of our new members or some of the old ones that we have not heard from in a little while.
    For me I just finished the Lake to Lake relay near St George a 2 leg relay for 50 miles I did 8 of my 11.2 miles leg bare foot until I gave up and put my min sandals on. :) Xero shoes to finish 2 of the miles with the toughest trail this side of the pony express trail with road base and compact rocks. Yes I felt a little defeated but the pain and rocks brought my speed to a crawl so I dropped my pride and caught a few that passed me on the tough part of the trail and I got passed by two awesome runners who were amazing to watch. Enough on me tell us how it is going or you. Of just say hi and tell us any good news or fun things you are up to.
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  2. Tfox Barefooters

Message Count:
    I mostly took a break from running this winter. I did a lot of walking though to keep moving. I've found that I tend to want to run more when I'm busy with work but that means that I'm either sitting or running and that is a bad combination for injuries. I'm trying to find a happy medium. I'm looking forward to working back into some running routines!
    rik likes this.
  3. rik Barefooters
    1. Utah

Message Count:
    Sounds good Tfox, as the chapter president I will do all I can to connect you to some good people that can help support you and your running routines. I live about 20 minutes from Salt lake and our local Utah club will be putting together some formal and informal runs this spring, summer and winter, that season that seem to place its self where ever it wants. Welcome to the Club !
    Tfox likes this.