Upward Dog to Cobra, Bye Bye knee - Ouch!

LavaRunner

Chapter Presidents
Jun 4, 2010
I have been doing TONS of core work, P90x Ab Ripper X (Mastered It!) and yoga to really strengthen my back. I am up to 400-450 ab and back something or others every other day. I have a ruptured L4-L5 disc. Nothing spectacular, it just hurts and pops in and out a lot. The core work has really paid off in the pain department and I feel the stability in my running and balance also.

Last night I finished a great core (over 500 reps total) and upper body workout (New for me) when I decided to do a plank into downward dog into plank again. Then into upward dog and into cobra then back into plank, a couple runners poses and then up. I do this to really stretch the back, the hams and the calves and the abs.

As I was coming out of upward dog I went onto my left knee by accident and rolled a tiny bit (probably too tired ) and I felt a sharp pain, heard the kneecap literally pop out then back in. Today it is sore and any weight on a bent knee is very tender. I don't feel any popping, grinding or abnormal feelings just some pain almost like runners knee. Sitting I am fine, just walking hurts and I haven't tried a run yet.

I took some Aleve this morning to keep the inflammation down and to help with the pain. Tonight I had an 8 miler planned. We will see how that goes. Ha Ha!

Let us know, Lava, how you're

Let us know, Lava, how you're doing. This sucks.

I tried a little run around

I tried a little run around the block. Made it half way. Sharp pain in the kneecap. Decided to give it another day and Ice it good. It wasn't catchjing or anything but there is a trust factor here. I don't want to hurt anything favoring the knee so it gets a days rest.

I knew Yoga was dangerous ;)

ugh! that stinks! Try some

ugh! that stinks! Try some chia for the inflammation ;) Hope it heals up quickly, injuries are a buggar.

brrrr.... gave me shivers

brrrr.... gave me shivers reading the description... heal up good, LR!

Lava I am a P90X graduate

Lava I am a P90X graduate myself although I have been off the wagon for a few months. In my transition to BFR/MR my achilles took awhile to stretch back to where they should be and was my biggest obstacle in the whole process. Plyometrics and my achilles did not get along for a while with some of the movements. Yoga and X Stretch I looked forward to and really enjoyed. Yoga is a better work out then the average person in this world would think. As you indicated must have been a fluke thing. Hope everything gets back to normal quickly for you. Have a good weekend!

Plyometrix are my second

Plyometrix are my second favorite torture. Right after Yoga.

Yoga kills me, Warrior stances are quad killers. Plyometrix are insane but great workouts

P90x is a great supplement.

P90x is a great supplement. I've been through the routines many times and work into everything I do. Yoga is killer, it can bring you to your knees, but it makes all the difference in the world.

I was able to get in 5 today.

I was able to get in 5 today. The knee was fine and only had a little pain the first mile and maybe around 3 when I was sloppy on a hill.

As for the run... It was one of those that you look back on and say, damn, I am glad they aren't all as tough as that one day. I just couldn't get into it, favored the knee a little I think and wound up aggravating an old deep blister on the ball of the left foot. Now it hurts but it is so deep I cant really pop it, can't really see it either but I can feel it.