Update on my injury that no one probably cares about but my ego compels me to talk about.

Nyal

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Been three weeks since my apparent SF. After 2 weeks all apparent symptoms vanished. I am thinking bursitis so I do a test run today. 1 km on asphalt. Felt great, no pain, swelling etc. Will rest and try again with 2 km Tuesday.

Carry on...

You are so wrong, Nyal.  I

You are so wrong, Nyal. I CARE!

Whoo-hoo! No pain. That's great. I realize it was only 1K, but that's a start, and it's smart to take it in short distances too. Let us know how the 2K goes. Good luck!

We ALL care. Injuries and

We ALL care. Injuries and recoveries are a very important aspect of this "support group"!

Yes, especially in that we

Yes, especially in that we need to know what NOT to do. ;-)

Best of luck on a speedy

Best of luck on a speedy recovery Nyal.

We may not be brothers of the Morton's Toe.... but I still feel a kinship. Perhaps it's our vague Scandinavian connection? Anyway... be well.

S. Pimp.

Thank you all three!This

Thank you all three!

This injury has been an eye opener, to use the accepted cliche, and showed me something. Namely that transition is a long, long process. I have resolved to never run with pain again from this point on. If I am sore for any reason from Lord Asphalt, I will go back to the last distance wherein I ran without pain. Being tough is a liability for us BFR.

Glad to hear your run was

Glad to hear your run was pain free, Nyal. I hope they continue to be.

Being tough is a liability

Being tough is a liability for us BFR.

That's exactly what Ken Bob teaches. He says we are NOT tough; we are sensitive.

Good to hear my friend, hope

Good to hear my friend, hope the progress continues. I have been sticking to trails, and gravel, and treadmill. It seems to be working together really well, and all barefoot too. I think since I took pavement out of my runs my technique has improved. Hopefully when I move back onto pavement I can run better without Morton's flaring back up again. Wish you the best Nyal.

Yay, Zoidberg has friends!

Yay, Zoidberg has friends!

zoidberg-foto_zoom_display_image.jpg

NR, I know that having MN

NR, I know that having MN prevents us from running our best on hard, flat surfaces.

Nyal, I'm glad your run

Nyal, I'm glad your run went well. I do have one concern about the possibility of a stress fracture. If it is a SF, the bones will have begun to knit and can probably stand a little use, but I'm concerned that as you build, you will hit another breaking point soon and have to start all over. If you wait the standard 6 weeks for a SF, then it will be even stronger than it was before, but before it has healed, it will be weaker.

Hmmmm......Wendy, that is a

Hmmmm......Wendy, that is a very good point. Hmmmmm......

3 weeks left then....

Back on the board, then.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts