Trigger point Massage

Spinningwoman

Barefooters
May 23, 2013
I had a massage a month or so back as part of a Natural Running coaching session, and it was great. I could feel her finding some definite knots and forking them out. When I massage my own calves, I don't find knots, though when I use the roller, I can feel it go over a kind of 'speedbump' which I then work on.
Anyway, DH is off (shod) running with inflamed Achilles and I persuaded him to let me have a go at his calves thinking partly that it might help and partly that it might help me feel what trigger points feel like. To my surprise, he seemed to have a long lengthwise 'cable' of hard tension running all down his inside back calf muscle. I cant see anything about this in the book. He got very cross when I tried touching it and refused to participate further in my experiment<g>. I'm wondering if I should persuade him to see the actual massage therapist.

there you go. hire a hot young girl to give him a massage. what man would pass that up? should make for some good times for you after. :cool: