Treadmill running

What was that one Jason did around three years ago on a park loop......like thousands of laps or something?
I think Jesse did it as well along with a few others from the old site.

What was that one Jason did around three years ago on a park loop......like thousands of laps or something?
I think Jesse did it as well along with a few others from the old site.

One of the reasons I didn't get serious about running earlier after I stopped traveling is because I don't like running around tracks, and Chicago's neighborhoods have too much traffic to allow for pleasant, fairly continuous running. It was only after I discovered the 1.5-mile track in Washington Park that I found a decent place to run. 1.5 miles is enough that you don't feel like a lab rat, and it has a nice dirt surface to boot. I would do three laps, that plus .5 miles to get there, gave me a nice five-mile run, 3x a week, with a .5 mile cool-down walk back. One day a guy told me he used to run with Mohamed Ali there back in the day.

Yeah longer tracks/loops are fine, but it's too easy to quit at almost any time. I prefer knowing I have to get all the way back and that walking would take just too much time.

Yeah longer tracks/loops are fine, but it's too easy to quit at almost any time. I prefer knowing I have to get all the way back and that walking would take just too much time.
Yah, completely agree. Here in the Twin Cities I do a little track work or hill repeats once in a while, but my overwhelming preference is for single-loop out-n-backs at a comfortable pace. The classic recreational runner's jog in other words. If I go around a track or up and down a hill too many times I begin to experience mental anguish. On treadmills it's worse; I can only take the mental agony for about five minutes before I'm ready to cry 'uncle,' sell out my mother, and divulge all my secret geopolitical knowledge to make the torture stop.

Yah, completely agree. Here in the Twin Cities I do a little track work or hill repeats once in a while, but my overwhelming preference is for single-loop out-n-backs at a comfortable pace. The classic recreational runner's jog in other words. If I go around a track or up and down a hill too many times I begin to experience mental anguish. On treadmills it's worse; I can only take the mental agony for about five minutes before I'm ready to cry 'uncle,' sell out my mother, and divulge all my secret geopolitical knowledge.

+1

Line,

can you go for a run after you lift at the gym? i used to but since i don't go the gym anymore i can't. now i'll do pistols and one armed push ups either after my run or during when i let the dogs off leash at the park.

Line,

can you go for a run after you lift at the gym? i used to but since i don't go the gym anymore i can't. now i'll do pistols and one armed push ups either after my run or during when i let the dogs off leash at the park.

If there was any doubt before, now I know you're freakin' right out of your head. You got those lunatics who run ultras around 400m track loops beat.
Hahahaha!! glad is all clear now:smuggrin:

Reactions: Bare Lee
Yeah that was it BG. Longboarding must do wonders for keeping the memory intact! Love the new avitar.

Reactions: Barefoot Gentile
Line,

I could.. Then I could also wash my feet in the gym before driving home again..
good idea

I could.. Then I could also wash my feet in the gym before driving home again..
good idea

You will be amazed at how NOT dirty you will find your feet, especially if you are on pavement.
Blacktop in the sun will stain, soil will get soil on your feet, but just about everything can be brushed off.
Only my nasty trail runs (in sandals, yet) do my feet actually look dirty.
Airing those tootsies out is as clean as it gets.
My gross out is NOT bare feet on the ground: it's now sweaty feet in shoes, fermenting in their own gunk. Ew.