Toe Strapless Huaraches

DavidP

Barefooters
May 12, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I made a pair of toe-strapless huaraches like I had seen last week on the Google minimalist forum I ran in them today and really liked the design. My foot does not move as much as it did with the toe-strap slip-on style and they are really easy to cinch up or loosen as needed.

The sole is 4mm Vibram Cherry and the cord is 4mm paracord with the center strands removed for 3-4" on the two ends to make the bow tie better. Pics @ http://picasaweb.google.com/depropst/ToeStraplessHuaraches#

David

How many miles did you run in

How many miles did you run in them? I'd be interested in knowing how they feel after 6 miles, or even 15+ if you are up to it.

It definitely looks more comfy then the "between the toe" method

Here, is another alternative:

Here, is another alternative: www.youtube.com/watch What I like about either of these methods, besides being more comfortable, is the ability to wear regular socks when the weather gets colder. With the original tying method, you almost need to wear the toe socks.

Hi Shacky, 15 miles is a week

Hi Shacky, 15 miles is a week of running for me..at least for now.

For the rest of the summer I'll wear them casually or keep them in my small fanny pack during my usual asphalt BF runs as my "the pavement is getting too damn hot" shoes. I am going to check out some local trails next week and I'll let you know how they do.

I've worn the toe-strap style enough to know I like them better for running. I have some more paracord ordered and will try Sonja's style too when it gets here.

David

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test