To Marathon or not to Marathon?

we're checking out Cali right now....
Where abouts are you guys looking....
There seem to be some really great trails out that way!

You two get a room already...:D

In Chicago I ran with an English sociologist on a regular basis. It was great. He was a real natural runner--tall and skinny, and could run much faster and farther, but he'd slow down for our five miles together and then finish the rest of his workout at a faster pace. It'd be great to have another running partner like that again. I'm hoping to move out West somewhere in a year or two, wanna come with?
Lee, you have been warned about the lunatics in Oregon right? Zetti, Cali sounds safe but Oregon is out west too. Just saying.

In Chicago I ran with an English sociologist on a regular basis. It was great. He was a real natural runner--tall and skinny, and could run much faster and farther, but he'd slow down for our five miles together and then finish the rest of his workout at a faster pace. It'd be great to have another running partner like that again. I'm hoping to move out West somewhere in a year or two, wanna come with?
Come out this way! The Oregon ch. is always recruiting new people! :D

Reactions: Bare Lee
Fine, be that way :p
How's your running going btw? do you thik you could swing the marathon?
I dunno. My experience with making distance jumps has not been too good so far. Let's say I get back to six miles soon, and then add a mile to my long run once every month. That's still only 18 miles by next October, when the TC Marathon is held. But perhaps if I keep my weekly runs to an hour or less, and just focus on one longer run per week, I may not break down so fast. I dunno. But I'm not going to push it. It's only been six days since I ran and I'm already starting to go nuts. Tomorrow morning I'm going to cycle a 20-miler I have mapped out to slake the thirst. The foot is healing up rapidly though, in another day or so it will probably feel no worse than the normal mild ache I get for a few hours after a longish run. Today I've just felt it a bit here and there, but I just did my back workout with 30 minutes of rowing afterwards and everything felt fine. I'm not being fickle here. I would love to run the TC marathon with you and Dutchie. Yesterday I met a neighbor who's about to do her third marathon, in Iowa.

we're checking out Cali right now....
Where abouts are you guys looking....
There seem to be some really great trails out that way!
Yah, opps, I jumped your post. But yeah, Colorado, but SF if I could afford it would be nice too. Oregon and Washington have their charms, but I don't know if I could deal with all the drizzle. No worse than Minnesota's snow and humidity, though, I guess.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts