Tight ligaments in foot

BethanyGrace

Barefooters
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado
I recently changed minimalist shoes, and within a few weeks had a very tight ligament in my right foot (I think it is the ligament that runs from my big toe back toward my heel). When I run, it feels like I have a rock in my shoe. I tend to run with a ball strike; although, when my foot gets tight I run with a little bit more of a neutral strike. I stretch as well as doing yoga, but I don't feel like this is going away. I do not have Morton's toe and I run with a shorter stride.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what have you done to remedy this?

Thank you for any help you can give in advance!

I have had a foot problem for the last year. This was after almost 2 years of barefoot running, so the injury still baffles me. Mine is where the ligament attaches to the heel. It has improved after many sessions of physical therapy, stretching and trigger point routines, changing my running routines, and losing some weight, but I am still not 100 percent. Hindsight, I continued to push it when I felt like my feet were tight, so it is good that you recognize that there is a problem.

My recommendation is to try barefoot only. Continue to research on proper form and starting out barefoot (I am in no way qualified in any way to give advice). Continue to stretch and do yoga. Use trigger point self massage to loosen up those feet and look up some foot strengthening exercises. It is a lot to worry about, but worth the time if you want to run injury free. Happy running BethanyGrace.

Rick W.

Reactions: NickW
check out Dr. Stoxen's website. he has videos up to help with your feet and leg problems. something like #77-84. it's a big blog with lots of good info.

Reactions: jldeleon
check out Dr. Stoxen's website. he has videos up to help with your feet and leg problems. something like #77-84. it's a big blog with lots of good info.

Dr. Stoxen's work is EXCELLENT and he is THE reason why I can run without abnormal, chronic pain.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts