The OFFICIAL 2012 BRS HALLOWEEN CONTEST thread -- Game on!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
We were a little late in getting this started this year. Sorry about that. Better late than never!

Rules courtesy of PeaceKaren.

We need a coordinator for this. Anyone? Won't take up much time.

DNEChris won the 2010 contest, and Chaser won the 2011 contest.

Who will win it this year? You?

The witching hour fast approaches. Post updates, photo evidence and final results to this thread. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!

Contest begins 12am Monday morning (Oct 29) and ends at 12am Thursday morning (Nov 1) based on your local time zone. Results must be posted in this thread by 5pm Friday, Nov 2.

The person with the most points at the end of the weekend wins bragging rights and can sport a cool new siggy declaring themselves winner of the 3rd Annual BRS Halloween Contest.

RUNNING
  • 2 points per barefoot mile*
  • 1 point per mile in minimal shoes*
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in costume*
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in a race*
  • 5 bonus points for posting picture evidence
TRICK OR TREAT
  • 10 points for trick-or-treating in costume barefoot^
  • 5 points for trick-or-treating in costume in minimal shoes^
  • 5 points for handing out candy barefoot
  • 2 points for handing out candy in a costume
  • 2 points for drinking while handling out candy
DRINKING
  • 10 points for attending party/bar in costume barefoot^
  • 5 points for attending party/bar in costume in minimal shoes^
  • 1 point for each alcholic beverage consumed*
* No limit -- accumulate points all weekend

^ One time points awarded for EITHER barefoot OR minimal shoes (no doubling up on point by arriving in VFFs and then going barefoot).

2011's contest is here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/threads/the-official-2011-brs-halloween-contest-thread-game-on.3505/

2010's contest is here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/threa...contest-thread-game-on.1198/page-6#post-20475

I have 5 points for handing out candy barefoot, whilst I sat on my hiney at the front door on the iPad. Such fun. sigh

I sit here on the BRS forum waiting to hand out candy. Yes I am barefoot and wearing a pumpkin shirt and drinking. Since I live in the middle of no where, I have had no visitors. No, I not going to take a picture of my sorry a$$. I should have gone to town with my wife and girls, I would have earned more points. Anyway, last night was fun at the Halloween carnival, I was barefoot and my girl painted my toenails pink and in a gym full of rednecks I didn't get beaten up.

Fun contest though. Can't wait to see pics from the Oregon crew.

Reactions: NickW
So how many points is that for you, Rick? I wore a witch's hat while I handed out candy. but I wasn't drinking. I think I will bump up the points for those (costumes and drinking while handing out candy). That would make 9 points for you and 7 for me. Hee!

You still get points if you ran on Halloween barefoot or minimal, so how many miles did you run, Matey?

I get ten points. I took my daughter around trick or treating. She was a lady bug. I was a horse's arse....well, a guy in a horse costume. I don't have a picture now, but I might soon. I wore the costume to school, too, and parents took pictures.
Wore my merrel trail gloves which are really starting to stink. Time to look up that post Jason wrote about deoderifying my shoes.

TRICK OR TREAT
  • 5 points for trick-or-treating in costume in minimal shoes^
  • 5 points for handing out candy barefoot

But, how often do you get crap candy for free? (Actually, our haul was pretty dang gooood this year!)

Well, if I really wanted free crap candy, I could just go to that windowless van that's parked at the end of the block...apparently he's got all sorts of free candy there...

Free for a price.

36 Running pts. (18 bf miles) 9 Trick or Treat pts. 16 Drinking pts. (shorted myself there, didn't want to sound like a boozer). Total 61 pts. Sorry, no pics, unless this one counts. Me getting out of my tractor before my run.

th_IMAG0044.jpg

Okay, admittedly. This year's Halloween Contest was lame, and lame due to the fact that I forgot to get it going until AFTER most of Halloween was over and I was sitting outside handing out candy to the kiddies, but hey, whatareyagonnado?! But even more lamer is finding out who won a whole month after the contest! Yea, that's right! I like consistency that way. ;) So who won? Looks like Rick Whitelaw won! Congratulations, Rick! Please add this to your signature: WINNER OF THE 3rd ANNUAL BRS HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST!

And while we're at it, DNEChris, I see that you never added the WINNER OF THE 1st ANNUAL BRS HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST! to your signature. Would you please?

I thought Bruno was the first, and I remembered his having a Halloween Contest winner signature, but I looked, and it's gone. Someone pointed out that you were the actual winner though, so that's why I thought I put two and two together. So, who is it? You or Bruno? :)

That's a suggestion, sure. It's up to you all.

Well that just bites. Hee. You still had more points than anyone else, regardless of being dressed up or not.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test