The OFFICIAL 2010 BRS HALLOWEEN CONTEST thread -- Game on!

TJ, the road surface was not

TJ, the road surface was not the greatest. It was broken up in many areas and there was quite a bit of debris on the road especially along the sides, including shattered glass, definitely not the best place to do your first barefoot run. I'm guessing the wind chill that morning brought the temperature down into the low 50s high 40s. The only way I was able to stay warm was to keep jogging around the start area before the race started. When we gathered at the start line I moved into the middle of the masses to stay warm. After the race, it started to lightly sprinkle and the bus lines were moving slow, so to stay warm I decided to just run back to the starting line, another 3.7 miles of 2,000 ft downhill.

Longboard, mass producing the BRS loincloth idea? I love it!!

Jason, you crack me up LMLO (Laughing My Loincloth Off).

twinkletoes wrote:What did

twinkletoes said:
What did your shirt say Zap that you thought you'd get censored out?
Hey Twink! So ummm... the front of my shirt said ... "Dirty MILFF (MILFF stands for Mom's Igniting a Love For Fitness) and the back said.. errrr... well... "We like it in the mud hole"... Well, it WAS a mud race. I'm just sayin'.

I don't get it.  I must be

I don't get it. I must be really slow...and really old. That just doesn't sound bad to me.

I've got pictures but they

I've got pictures but they are still in my phone. Totaling points is beyond me at the moment as I am PWI - at least 5 drinks in.

Ha! :drunk:

I have a couple questions

I have a couple questions regarding the point system on:

-----------------------

DRINKING
  • 10 points for attending party/bar in costume barefoot^
  • 5 points for attending party/bar in costume in minimal shoes^
  • 1 point for each alcholic beverage consumed*
  • 5 bonus points for posting picture evidence
* No limit -- accumulate points all weekend

^ One time points awarded for EITHER barefoot OR minimal shoes (no doubling up on point by arriving in VFFs and then going barefoot).

-----------------------

1) Is it 10 points per party/bar in costume barefoot? I wasn't sure if the ^ footnote referred to just doubling on points for switching from VFFs to barefoot.

2) Is it 5 bonus points for posting picture evidence per point entry, such as per party/bar. Or even per alcoholic beverage?

PWI.  3 beers at one bar, 2

PWI. 3 beers at one bar, 2 at another, and bottle of wine currently. 26.2 barefoot marathon (not in costume) and 1 mile to and from the bag check because I felt sprite! I'll have pics and points tomorrow, not going to win I don't think, but a good effort I hope!

Love that outfit, Karen!!!! 

Love that outfit, Karen!!!! A barefoot hippie is a very appropriate barefoot costume.

Glen,1) 10 points awarded

Glen,

1) 10 points awarded once for party/bar in costume barefoot. Attend 3 parties, still only 10 points.

2) 5 points for picture evidence per category (run, ToT, drink), 15 points max. But feel free to post as many pics as you'd like (especially in costume ;) ).

------------

My tally:

previous total (22 pts)

trick-or-treating barefoot in costume with pictures (15 pts)

attending bar barefoot in costume with pictures (15 pts)

2 drinks (pitiful, I know) (2 pts)

FINAL TOTAL = 54 points :)

Here's the whole family, ready for Halloween night...

148871_1721237995313_1369226796_31873408_3668524_n.jpg

Trick-or-Treating with the kids...

77128_1721188434074_1369226796_31873225_584170_n.jpg

Mmmm, Guinness...

149113_1721186834034_1369226796_31873211_7261901_n.jpg

Peace,

Karen

Does two shots equal two

Does two shots equal two drinks? 'Cuz I'm having some Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum and Coca-Cola right now, and oh is it yummy!

Yes it does, two drinks I

Yes it does, two drinks I believe. But we better verify it first with the score keeper herself, the Hippie Chick EE.

I liked the witch, but the Hippie girl is just so much cooler. Peace, Karen!

Awesome, Fresca!I have 5

Awesome, Fresca!

I have 5 shots going now, if not more. I lost count. :drunk: Doye!

I got 75 points... a very fun

I got 75 points... a very fun Halloween weekend :) The pic for the running category is already posted. Pics for trick-or-treating and drinking category below.

RUNNING
  • 2 points per barefoot mile: 16
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in costume: 8
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in a race: 4
  • 5 bonus points for posting picture evidence: 5
TRICK-OR-TREATING
  • 10 points for trick-or-treating in costume barefoot: 10
  • 5 bonus points for posting picture evidence: 5
DRINKING
  • 10 points for attending party/bar in costume barefoot: 10
  • 1 point for each alcoholic beverage consumed: 12
  • 5 bonus point for posting picture evidence: 5
Total: 75

fire2.jpg

TrickOrTreat.jpg

I did 4M costume run on

I did 4M costume run on Saturday (Marine Park Costume run, Vancouver, WA, time 30 minutes, my new PR), 21 points

photo and video evidence:

Video Evidence

and I went Trick-or-Treating barefoot, 15 points

Total 36 points and a lot of FUN :wink:

karen,,I do so wish I had

karen,,

I do so wish I had pictures of myself back when I lived on communes in the 60s and 70s.

Cracks me up that what we wore then is now for Halloween. LMAO

You look nice though. pretty good job. I took my brothers jeans and opened them up, added fancy cloth and made them into bell bottoms back in 64. We also cut the legs up the middle, evened out the crotch, added fancy cloth and made long skirts out of them.

I lived in tents, a covered wagon, a 5 sided cabin we made from wood we stole from a campsite being built in --- ,Fla near our commune. Lots of wild stories for the grandkids!!!

Wait, you are barefoot but you look way toooo clean and , not to get too personal but - are you wearing a bra? Uh oh! costume foul - LOL! Two point penalty LMAO

peanut

1 BF Mile on Sat = 2pts

1 BF Mile on Sat = 2pts

27.2 BF Miles on Sunday (MCmarathon, 1 mile jog to and from bag check) = 54.4 + 27.2 = 81.6pts

Picture evidence of race = 5pts

Attended Bars right after Race = 10pts

7 Drinks (both bars, 1 shot included) = 7pts

Picture Evidence of drinking GUINNESS!!! = 5pts

TOTAL = 110.6

576.jpg

577.jpg

Me and Momma Bruno at Mile 19 or 20

578.jpg

Guinness at the 4 courts in Arlington, VA

579.jpg

My Lovely and supportive girlfriend Traci (BF 5k for her soon I promise!)

PS, I love the Redskins even when they look like garbage...

Awesome everyone! I think I

Awesome everyone! I think I only made got 6 points all from drinking. Had a change in plans this weekend...visitors. Oh well.

Mike wrote:LOL zap, did the

Mike said:
LOL zap, did the front of the shirt actually have the meaning of that acronym printed on it? :p
Mike - Yes. The acronym is spelled out on the front...in small print. 0:)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090