The OFFICIAL 2010 BRS HALLOWEEN CONTEST thread -- Game on!

peacekaren

Barefooters
May 7, 2010
The witching hour fast approaches. Post updates, photo evidence and final results to this thread. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!

Contest begins 12am Saturday morning (Oct 30) and ends at 12am Monday morning (Nov 1) based on your local time zone. Results must be posted in this thread by 5pm Tuesday, Nov 2.

The person with the most points at the end of the weekend wins bragging rights and can sport a cool new siggy declaring themselves winner of the 1st Annual BRS Halloween Contest.

RUNNING
  • 2 points per barefoot mile*
  • 1 point per mile in minimal shoes*
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in costume*
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in a race*
  • 5 bonus points for posting picture evidence
TRICK-OR-TREATING
  • 10 points for trick-or-treating in costume barefoot^
  • 5 points for trick-or-treating in costume in minimal shoes^
DRINKING
  • 10 points for attending party/bar in costume barefoot^
  • 5 points for attending party/bar in costume in minimal shoes^
  • 1 point for each alcholic beverage consumed*

* No limit -- accumulate points all weekend

^ One time points awarded for EITHER barefoot OR minimal shoes (no doubling up on point by arriving in VFFs and then going barefoot).

I'm going to treat this thing

I'm going to treat this thing like a race: I don't expect to win but don't want to humiliate myself either. I want to have fun not stress over it, and certainly NO INJURIES. I know that there are folks out there with loads more experience and training and many others with inate capacity far beyond mine. I will just be humbly grateful to share the road with you a while.

Bless you all for affording me this chance to participate.

do we get points for getting

do we get points for getting kicked out of establisments because we are barefoot, or getting asked to put shoes on?? If so, I get quite a few....oh, wait....didn't start until 45 min. ago....it's been a rough day for me today, being barefoot...Perkins in N. PA don't like us BFers, neither does the Ponderosa in Niagra, NY....but, Ima on course for drinking, I think....

Yeah. If I get censored out

Yeah. If I get censored out of my race (or kicked out) for what my shirt says can I get points? Hee. Hee.

Well, just got meeself 18

Well, just got meeself 18 points for a 9 mile BF run and just cracked a Yuengling
beer.png
so that'll be 19 so far.

Hey Look!! New Smileys!! My life is now complete!
steve.png

14 barefoot miles this

14 barefoot miles this morning and I've just, virtually, attended a party to celebrate the life of an old friend who passed away in August whose ashes were scattered in Scotland today. I'll claim 38 points so far. :drunk:

If I do my planned run tomorrow in my "Running Skirt" does that count as costume?

Sorry for your loss,

Sorry for your loss, Chris.

Jason, I don't think I want to see those pictures, unless you're wearing undies. ;-)

14 points thus far (5k in

14 points thus far (5k in minimalist shoes). It was the first "wardrobe malfunction" in the kilt.
embaressed_smile.gif
Pics will be forthcoming.

Trick-or-treating/drinking and costumed long run tomorrow will help pad the numbers. I have a feling Ram will give me a run for my money...

18dcd238-2f62-45e9-94bc-674c46c0ab29.Medium.jpg

245a8d14-a2b3-40e4-b60e-82d379f0464f.Medium.jpg

photo.php

In my time here at the BRS

In my time here at the BRS ive noticed something that is very prevalent among BR (and probably shod runners) and is exemplified in this forum, we love booze lol. As such if you start counting from after 12 last night ive got 14 points.

I'm at 27 points. I ran 3.1

I'm at 27 points.

I ran 3.1 miles barefoot in a 5k with photographic evidence (got a PR as well! I did my first sub 40 min 5k, coming in at 39:42) then went to the bar/party for the awards after the race. I didn't drink though as my kids were with me and it was only 9:45 in the morning.

TJ, I don't think I believe

TJ, I don't think I believe you.

I would not like to see the pictures, but I would be interested in a non-graphic description, in case its something I need to take precaution against whenever I get my kilt.

Go, Ram, Go!  Great

Go, Ram, Go! Great start!

Jason, good luck getting those pictures past the moderators! :)

Chris, sorry for your loss. Yes, you can count the skirt.

Kean, that's some awesome drinking! Well done, man.

Cassie, congrats on the PR!

I'm in for a lousy 4 points so far -- all wine, all tonight. I had plans to run a costumed 5K tomorrow (would have been my first road race), but it's starting to look like that won't happen. I'm still planning to get in a 5K run tomorrow, maybe even in costume, but unlikely to be in the race. :( Guess I'd better drink more. :) :beer:

Peace,

Karen

Great job, Cassie, to your

Great job, Cassie, to your barefoot PR! You'll be under 30 minutes in no time! Keep it up!

OK! I get 10 points for

OK! I get 10 points for attending a party last night... I went as a roller derby girl, took off my skates at the door and wore them over my shoulder for the night so techincally I was barefoot.

Um not sure how to count my drinks... I seriously can't remember how many I had, but I know it was at least 5 of the "witch's brew". So I guess that's a total of 15 points.

I'm doing my 5k mud run tomorrow morning in my minimalist shoes (they won't let me do it barefoot). Don't have much in the way of a costume but some funky socks and a feather boa, but I will be REALLY muddy at some point. Does mud count as a costume? I will definitely need my hubby to get photographic evidence of it.

Oh, and of course, am planning on drinking some more tomorrow. Hee. Hee. 0:)

I didn't trick or treat this

I didn't trick or treat this year, it was the mom's turn to take th kids which meant My brother and I handed out candy and drank some beer. I feel like I'm cheating taking a point per Miller Lite, I mean really, is it really beer? I'll take the points anyway, up to 26 total. Now for some Dogfish, the points will slow but it's worth it!

5k in the AM, no costume planned, maybe I'll grab a WaWa workers uniform on the way down.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090