The Canadian Death Race Training Camp Day One

Barefooting Bob

Chapter Presidents
Jul 18, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
I was fortunate enough to secure a relay team for The Canadian Death Race this summer which I am really looking forward to. I was also able to attend the training camp for this event last weekend as well. This is a perspective of Day One of that training camp through my eyes, the crazy one who runs up mountains barefoot. Hope you enjoy. Days 2 and 3 will follow soon........

http://winnipegbarefootrunners.blogspot.ca/2012/07/canadian-death-race-training-camp-day.html

If that's just the training camp . . . ;)

wow, that's some incredible scenary, and awesome fitness!

Wow Bob! Looking at those pics makes me miss home so much (Northwestern Montana, about 60 miles from Canadian border). I miss real mountains (sorry Oregon, I don't count volcanoes as true mountains). Here in Oregon we have a lot of volcanoes, but not as many mountain ranges. Reading your blog post makes me really want to put this race on my bucket list. I can't do it yet, but man it would be sweet to be able to do it at some point in the future. Can't wait to read the next installment.

Its a big difference from the flat prairies of Manitoba and it does make me want to move back to Alberta where I spent most of my life. If only I could make a living out of being a barefoot running hobo like some of our other ilustrous members, Jason and Vanessa. Hmmm, I wonder if I could make a go out of it.