The BRS is Hiring!!!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
The BRS is Hiring!
The BRS has many positions available for those interested in helping to support our efforts to promote barefoot and minimalist running.We are looking for these positions to be filled:Chapter Presidents: As a Chapter President, you will organize your barefoot running club as a community of the Barefoot Runners Society. You will conduct your chapter as a running club normally would do by organizing group runs, meetups at racing events, hold meetings, offer support to and mentor other runners in your group, hold competitions, have parties, etc., whatever you and your club feel like.Merchandising Chair: You will work with the BRS store to add and remove products, and update products with new designs, and remove old designs, as well as foster development of and sell products that would be of interest to barefoot and minimalist runners.Writers: You will write for the BRS News Show/Reel and/or eMag. Technical, journalistic, and personable works are welcome. You will receive full credit for your work.Photographers: You will take photos of barefoot and minimalist running, backgrounds/scenery, subjects/items of interest, etc., and share them with the BRS. You will receive full credit for your work.NEW - News Director & Staff: The news material created will most likely end up on the News Show on the home page of the BRS site but may also be used in the Run Free newsletter: Solicit members for member profiles for the Member of the Week Profile segment, and write articles in relation to those profiles; monitor BRS blogging for the Blog of the Week; monitor Google alerts and other news media for interesting barefoot and minimalist stories and write articles; interview name-people in barefoot and minimalist running; recruit volunteers/staff writers/staff photographers to write articles of interest; gather stock photography/images for BRS photo stockpile.NEW - Web Maintenance: Must know and have worked with Drupal/PHP in a production site environment. Will work to add funtionality to the site and resolve issues that effect member useability.NEW - Assistant or Head Librarian: Help the BRS maintain a high-quality, human-edited Library of articles and other resources about barefoot running. See the "Library" tab above, then read this thread.Forum Moderators: On a daily basis, read through all NEW posts looking for obscenities, foul language, sexual content, etc., remove such content, and warn posters of such content; resolve complaints, assist posters with problems they may encounter with the forums, such as removing double-posts, deleting posts, forwarding creation requests onto board members, etc.FILLED - Promotion: You will track and contact barefoot and minimalist running sites, bloggers, and events to determine Stomp of Approval worthiness. You will track events according to their barefoot-friendliness. You will promote barefoot running by encouraging barefoot runner divisions at national running events. The duties listed above are not necessarily exhaustive. Duties may change as we grow and develop. Keep in mind, some of them can be co-chaired. These positions offer no pay, as none of us working for the BRS are paid. Instead, you will receive the satisfaction of knowing you have helped to promote the sport of barefoot running and support fellow barefoot and minimalist runners. All positions are voluntary, and any business relationship can be dissolved at any time by any party for any reason. If you are interested in one of these positions, please contact me at [email protected].

I don't know about everyone

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd need you to at least double the salary before I'd consider a position.

$)

Okay, then.  The salary has

Okay, then. The salary has just been doubled...for everyone.

Rock on, eh?!?!?!

Rock on, eh?!?!?!

I'm sorry, NR, and you work

I'm sorry, NR, and you work for the BRS in WHAT capacity? Ha! Teasing, of course. ;-)

Added Forum Moderators job

Added Forum Moderators job above...

And which ones offended you

And which ones offended you the most? And so what you are saying is you would like to volunteer for this position then? ;-)

The Forum Moderators

The Forum Moderators positions have been filled. Thank you to all who applied.

Ha!Because I can't do it all

Ha!

Because I can't do it all alone. I need help! I have a family too, you know. I wonder if they will remember me... :cry:

Barefoot TJ wrote:And which

Barefoot TJ said:
And which ones offended you the most? And so what you are saying is you would like to volunteer for this position then? ;-)

Yeah you wouldn't want me as a mod...nothing offends me. I'll probably be the one who gets kicked off.

If anyone out there has any

If anyone out there has any SERIOUS experience with web building, maintenance, troubleshooting, and design (Drupal/PHP/GMap), please email me at [email protected]. Thanks a hoot!

Bump

Bump

Help Needed.I have to BUMP a

Help Needed.

I have to BUMP a stickied thread just to get you guys to read it again. Hee.

The BRS is Hiring!!!NEW -

The BRS is Hiring!!!

NEW - News Director & Staff: The news material created will most likely end up on the News Show on the home page of the BRS site but may also be used in the Run Free newsletter: Solicit members for member profiles for the Member of the Week Profile segment, and write articles in relation to those profiles; monitor BRS blogging for the Blog of the Week; monitor Google alerts and other news media for interesting barefoot and minimalist stories and write articles; interview name-people in barefoot and minimalist running; recruit volunteers/staff writers/staff photographers to write articles of interest; gather stock photography/images for BRS photo stockpile.

The Promotion Chair and

The Promotion Chair and Merchandising Coordinator positions have been filled. If you would be interested in helping with either of these jobs, it is possible the coordinators could use some of your help. Please just let us know.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090