Terra Plana Sale!

50%?! Wow! I may have to

50%?! Wow! I may have to check that out. Thanks!!

Great news!  I've been

Great news! I've been wanting a pair for work, but haven't wanted to spend the money. 50% off is awesome.

Thank you!!

Sherri

Jimmy, how does Terra Plana

Jimmy, how does Terra Plana feel about offering our members 50% over a period of time? Instead of the 15% earlier proposed?

That is just crazy.  But then

That is just crazy. But then again, it puts the price just slightly below what I'd be willing to pay anyways.

And on another note, I got an email from a shoe store owner today wondering if I'd be willing to test drive a pair of them. Sweet! Hope to pick them up this Saturday.

With fall and winter just

With fall and winter just around the corner, I've been looking for a pair of cold weather shoes. Tried the Nike Free 3.0's and the toe box is WAY too narrow and I got friction hot spots on my big toe and inner ball even with socks.

I've been wearing the Feelmax Osma's since April and they've devleoped a hole in the sole on the outer ball (my striking area) after aprox. 600 miles. I'd like to get another pair, but they won't grip in the snow. I've read a lot of positives about the Evo and half off is going to be hard to beat!

I just tried "WEB50" in the

I just tried "WEB50" in the discount coupon field for a pair of EVO's and it didn't take anything off the price at checkout? I tried it again and still didn't get anything off. Has anyone else experienced any issues?

Joe, what about reinforcing

Joe, what about reinforcing the soles of your Feelmax's with a neoprene rubber. You can get a paint brush and paint it on the bottoms, that should give you tons more mileage AND get you through the winter.

If I were you, I would call Terra Plana and ask what give with the coupon not working. See if they will honor it over the phone. It hasn't even expired yet. Let us know.

I love my Terra Planas for

I love my Terra Planas for work, they are awesome. The toe box is nice and wide and I can wiggle my toes. I just bought another pair, because at 50% off is a good deal.

The discount only applies to Vivo Barefoot, not EVO

I was just getting ready to

I was just getting ready to order my shoes and saw a notice that said the Vivo Barefoot tend to run short. Some said to order 1 size up, others said 2 sizes up, and some, like the pair I want, say nothing about it. Has anyone has problems with the length?

Sherri

Me too.  I called Terra Plana

Me too. I called Terra Plana to be sure and they advised one size up for the Lucy. My son got the Aqua and they advised the same. We're both happy with our shoes!

Barefoot TJ wrote:Joe, what

Barefoot TJ said:
Joe, what about reinforcing the soles of your Feelmax's with a neoprene rubber. You can get a paint brush and paint it on the bottoms, that should give you tons more mileage AND get you through the winter.

Thanks for the idea TJ! I've never heard of this stuff before. So it's basically a texured coating I paint on the soles? I love the idea. Where might I find it? Is it available online?

The Feelmax Osma is the only mimimalist shoe I've tried that my feet seem to tolerate for more than about 4 miles or so. I was really looking forward to some $80 Evo's, but it looks like it's not to be.

Okay, since you and others

Okay, since you and others are talking about this stuff lately, I hunted around for those threads from "that other forum," and I've found this:

I saw your comment on another post about spraying your feet with a protective layer, and it just so happens that I tried this guy's crazy idea tonight. It didn't work for me, but I know how to fix my problem (See below). (I hope he doesn't mind my posting it here. Thank you Ryan!) Check out his site at http://ardydub.blogspot.com/2006/05/running-socks-my-previous-post.html. Here's his instructions:

"I bought a $12 pair of 5-fingered socks at REI and a can of plasticene at the hardware store (the stuff you dip tool handles in to coat them) about $6.

I slathered lotion on the soles of my feet to keep the paint from sticking to my skin (next time I'll use Vaseline), then I put the socks on and stood in a flat pan with some plasticene paint poured on the bottom of the pan. It took some doing to get the stuff to soak in to the fabric. This gave me painted surfaces on the soles of the socks across the pads of the toes, the ball of the foot, and the heel.

My socks are a light khaki green/tan color and I used black plasticene paint.

The plasticene does not offer much padding at all, its there mostly to protect the fabric from wearing out too quickly. I'll have to reapply it from time to time as the original coating starts wearing thin.

I thought it would be interesting to sew a bunch of zig-zag patterns across the soles of the socks with Kevlar thread (available at my local fly-fishing and tackle store) for additional strength. Next time! -- Ryan"

It went sooooo wrong for me when I tried to do it his way. It was difficult removing the sock once I applied the Plasticene, and it got all icky and all over the place. (My most technical description yet, I know.) But I'm sure I can correct my problem...I'm going to buy an extra pair of five toed socks, spray expanding foam into them, let them dry, then use them as my dummy feet to put another pair of five toed socks over them and paint the Plasticene on them. Silly, huh?

AND...

Now who woulda thunk it?! Hysterical. Thanks, Sheila, I will give it a try this winter!

Duct Tape Foot Tutorial
First find a willing victim…err….volunteer. Here is my friend Meghan along with my faithful assistant, Ladie. I plyed her with offers of caffiene to help me.

You will need an old sock or two that fit’s the volunteer. This sock will be cut off your foot in the end. Other supplies needed are duct tape, fiberfill and safety scissors. I have made these on myself so you do not need a volunteer unless you are trying to make a different size foot dummy.

First, put the sock on.

Then start to layer the duct tape on the foot. The pieces of the duct tape should be only about 5 inches in length. The first layer should be put on vertically. Do not cover the toes at this point. But don’t forget the bottom of the foot. Overlap the sides of the tape. It is not pertinent that you cover 100% of the sock/foot on this layer, but try to get it covered to the height you are desiring.

Second layer you will start to layer the duct tape horizontally. In the pictures you will see I have used a different color to demonstrate. In
this layer you want to cover the toes and cover the whole foot, overlaping the edges. Up to a fairly even top. Be careful to not wrap the duct tape too tightly.
The third layer you do a horizontal layer again. I have again demonstrated with a new color. This layer you want to make sure you cover the whole foot including the toes. This is the final layer.

Meghan was a little concerned at this stage. Luckily it came off without any loss of blood or toes.

Next you will carefully cut the duct tape foot off. Be sure to use safety scissors, you don’t want to cut your or your volunteers foot/leg. I cut down the back side of the foot all the way down to the bottom of the heel and then ease out the foot out.

Do not cut it off this way….

To tape the cut edges, I use a piece of tape on the inside and outside vertically. You can also add more horizontal pieces of tape to secure the edges.

To tape the cut edges, I use a piece of tape on the inside and outside vertically. You can also add more horizontal pieces of tape to secure the edges.

Now you will want to lightly stuff the foot with fiberfill or your preferred stuffing material. You do not want to stuff it too firmly or too lightly. If it is too firm it is hard to get your socks on and off it. If it is stuffed too lightly it won’t be firm enough. Stuff it up to the top of the leg. The right amount of stuffing is based on your preference and is something you will most likely figure out after you start using it. I discovered my first pair was stuffed too firmly so they are hard to use.

When you get to the top of the leg, use pieces of duct tape to close off the leg, laying them across the opening until it is evenly closed off.

Now you have a duct tape foot dummy.
You can use it however you may want. I like to put my hand knit socks on there to photograph them.
Here is Meghan with her pair of new duct tape feetsies. She wasn’t sure what we were doing when she volunteered for this, so she was a good sport and the enticement of coffee worked well. Now we just need to get her to finish a pair of socks so she can use them to model the socks.

I squeeked in under the wire

I squeeked in under the wire with an order for two pair of Vivobarefoot - Candy and Lucy. Total for both with shipping $137.50. Wooo hooo!!! :-D I wanted the Candy for work, and Lucy I will take to Germany with me next week for walking around shoes (when I'm with my customers).

Ugh... I was literally two

Ugh... I was literally two clicks away from placing my order last night when company arrived. I never made it back to my PC. I knew I was forgetting something...

I assume the offer has expired?

Sadly the duct tape foot shoe probably won't be passable as business casual at my office. :(

S. Pimp.

The offer was valid through

The offer was valid through Sept 13 according to the e-mail from Terra Plana.

I get coupon codes just about every month from Terra Plana, I'll be sure to post when theres new ones.

Sometimes you can find really

Sometimes you can find really good coupons at www.retailmenot.com. I've saved a bunch of money checking there first before I purchase anything online.

You could always call them an tell and ask if you could please, pretty please have the discount too.

I missed the sale due to me

I missed the sale due to me being a size 10 (apparently so is everyone else) and Vivo not having much in stock in that size, nothing I could wear for work anyway.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts