Temporary Tattoos, what would you like to see in the Store?

lmbo, that's a little uncanny

lmbo, that's a little uncanny Karen!

I like the Hermes wings

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
TJ, you're killin me. You're asking me to draw??? you asked for it:p

That gave me an idea what about a footprint with the 13.1 or 26.2 within it? Or like you said Zum just the standard 13.1 or 26.2 oval with the text "barefoot" in the graphic.

I like it all.  The more

I like it all. The more options the better.

I'll pass your input on to

I'll pass your input on to Zap, she's busy working on some artwork. Good stuff coming from her direction. I like the idea of the mileage in the foot print too.

I hate to be eschatological

I hate to be eschatological but are not all tattoos temporary like the hair on the scalp?

I'd rather have called them (patiently) removable tattoos.

There is a tattoo I want,

There is a tattoo I want, I have a picture of it (which has to be modified). can't figure out how to upload the picture though. And, the picture is stolen, although it's not TM'd.

So you'd like to have a

So you'd like to have a temporary tattoo (or should I say patiently removable LOL) of this Duey? Do you want to keep this individual, unique to just you? I'm not sure what I'd be able to do with stolen pictures...Zap? Thoughts. If you have the picture on your computer, do to a photo hosting sight (like photobucket), copy the html code. Then over here in the post template, click disable rich-text at the bottom of this box. Then paste your code and save the post.

Zeph, I guess it all

Zeph, I guess it all depends...can one really outlast a tattoo??

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
So you'd like to have a temporary tattoo (or should I say patiently removable LOL) of this Duey? Do you want to keep this individual, unique to just you? I'm not sure what I'd be able to do with stolen pictures...Zap? Thoughts. If you have the picture on your computer, do to a photo hosting sight (like photobucket), copy the html code. Then over here in the post template, click disable rich-text at the bottom of this box. Then paste your code and save the post.

I don't touch anything that isn't licenced or royalty free. Duey could upload it herself, however the temp tattoo company may have restrictions against uploading work that isn't licensed or original artwork. Not sure what their policies are but she could check it out.

When I said it was stolen, I

When I said it was stolen, I meant I "stole" it from someone's embroidery site. It's not trademarked, and it's really just a stick man with crazy hair running. It's wearing shoes in the original and of course I would want the shoes changed to feet! I'll try to upload it to Flickr...

The stolen one looked a

The stolen one looked a little like this (I did this one, hence the suckiness - and you are free to use it/modify it in any way you wish ;-) )

This one I found on the web but it's also kinda cool
>

I'm more into the permanent

I'm more into the permanent tattoos. I have 4 so far and plan to complete a partial sleeve (shoulder to mid bicep). I keep them in areas that can be covered by a short sleeve shirt.

For a temporary type, I think footprints around a girls ankle would be a bit sexy. I'd get footprints across my back cause that's how I feel sometimes.

OK, a quick lesson in

OK, a quick lesson in copyright: As soon as you create anything original it makes you the copyright holder. It gives you the exclusive right to decide what can and can't be done with it. I doesn't matter at all if it's trademarked or not at this stage, if you haven't created it and the original copyright holder hasn't waived their rights to the work you need their permission to use it. This also applies to slightly modified versions. If the original artist were to see our modified version they could sue and they would probably win so please use some caution when it comes to these things. Of course, if the image is released under the appropriate Creative Commons License or similar you can just disregard everything I just said.

Ram, I totally LOVE the idea

Ram, I totally LOVE the idea of bare feet around my ankle! I'd buy that one for sure.

Blind Boy wrote:OK, a quick

Blind Boy said:
OK, a quick lesson in copyright: As soon as you create anything original it makes you the copyright holder. It gives you the exclusive right to decide what can and can't be done with it. I doesn't matter at all if it's trademarked or not at this stage, if you haven't created it and the original copyright holder hasn't waived their rights to the work you need their permission to use it. This also applies to slightly modified versions. If the original artist were to see our modified version they could sue and they would probably win so please use some caution when it comes to these things. Of course, if the image is released under the appropriate Creative Commons License or similar you can just disregard everything I just said.

Blind - Thank you for clarifying. Copyright is a slippery slope and can have a lot of grey areas. As an artist and designer, its also a sensitive topic for me.

Zap, it's a slippery slope,

Zap, it's a slippery slope, indeed. I dabble in photography and write songs from time to time and I couldn't care less if someone were to use my stuff as long as I get credit for it but I know that others don't feel the same way.

yikes, so... for the purpose

yikes, so... for the purpose of keeping us in check, and avoiding legalities, we'll only be using artwork that was designed by one of us and approved for use by that copyright holder...Oscar, Zap

Adam, my friend is in the process of removing a tattoo. Believe it's $50 a pop, laser, hurts like a sonofa, though it's slowly going away.

Ram, I'm all about permanant too, I've got a few (have been inked 11? times)...however I like the idea of using these for fun, promoting BRS etc. AND you can upload your own artwork (on the side) there for personal use to see what your tattoo would look like before sealing the deal with real ink.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, input etc. It's all been very helpful.

Sounds good, Zum. Like zap

Sounds good, Zum. Like zap says, there are huge gray areas when it comes to these things. I mean, where do you draw the line between "inspired by" and slightly modified copy? The only way to be sure is to get the written permission from the artist directly and make a deal where the exact terms are stated. Then again, in most cases you won't need to be that careful.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test