Student rescues boy running barefoot on road, lets boy wear his shoes

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Student rescues boy running barefoot on road, lets boy wear his shoes
AsiaOne
When Vince Thant, 13, turned around, he was horrified to see a boy run barefoot across a bus intersection, oblivious to the vehicles around him that ...

If the 6-year old boy was running across traffic with shoes on, would it have caused as much of a stir as this? I would hope so. So many references to his lack of shoes though makes you wonder...

When Vince Thant, 13, turned around, he was horrified to see a boy run barefoot across a bus intersection, oblivious to the vehicles around him that had stopped out of concern for his safety.

"He was just smiling and running on the road, as if he hadn't noticed anything. I thought he might get hit."

Perhaps he was smiling because he didn't have any shoes on! ;)

I've spent a lot of time in Singapore TJ. I think this incident would have been in the news even if the boy had slippers or shoes on.

The emphasis on the bare feet is just the usual sensationalism we see in all news all around the world, though Singapore is one of the least likely places you would see anyone in bare feet I think, and you're probably dead right about the reason he was smiling :)

I think this incident would have been in the news even if the boy had slippers or shoes on.

That's what I figured. The way they went on and on about his being barefooted... sigh.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test