Stress reaction healing time?

So mine ended up being about

So mine ended up being about a month long healing process. I did alot of cross training in the beginning. Stopped at the end but that was for personal reasons (holiday traveling ect...) not physical ones. Running wise though here's what I ended up doing. I waited a week it felt almost fine ran bf/huarache (I can't remember) 3.5 miles felt awesome. Woke up the next day and it was really sore again. Waited another week, did the same and again it was sore. Same a week later. At right around week four I did a 3 mile bf treadmill run and had only minimal soreness the next day. Two days later I did a 8 miles in my super old shoes (I was in Michigan and I don't have any winter worthy minimal shoes for my California climatized body) and my feet were great, my legs not so happy with me. Two days later I did 5 bf on the treadmill and decided I'm officially healed. Total time just over a month. So I certainly think I was right about not actually fracturing it.

Yea, AJB!Welcome, Admiral!

Yea, AJB!

Welcome, Admiral!

I had real bad forefoot

I had real bad forefoot soreness starting out - 4 months into my transition. It was at the tendons just above my toes, top-of-foot. Overuse. Gets ya every time.

It took me about 2 weeks to get back into running shape, 10 days, something like that. I was literally limping around, unable to walk without a limp barefoot or minimal. I just put on my marshmello-soft Dr. Schols sneakers and iced it constantly. It went away. Make sure not to be barefoot too much. Let it rest and repair.

Good on you you felt the pain and stopped, though!

I've have a pretty awesome injury history - TOFP struck both of my feet when I was shod becuase my shoes were too old. It was SO MUCH WORSE than having TOFP barefoot. Seriously. I had to drop out of some races. It sucked. Barefoot, at least you're growing muscles. Shod, I just bought another pair of shoes and let the muscles continue to atrophy. So in it's way, pain is good. You're growing.