Stopped by a Cop!

babysteps3446

Barefooters
Jul 19, 2010
This story is too good not to share... Normally I run like at 3:00 am. in the summer because the heat here in Phoenix is brutal and especially now that I'm bf, the temp. of black asphalt makes it prohibitive to run that way after about 9:00 am. Anyway, it was about 8:00 this morning (slept in) when I took off for a 4 miler, when about halfway through my run, a cop turned on his lights and stopped me. He got out his squad car and asked if I was alright. He wondered that someone had to be chasing me for me to be running barefoot because of how hot it was. I said, "No, just training barefoot to strengthen my feet." He just gave me this weird look, got in his car and left. Thought to myself, certainly I should have said more and realized some things are just better left unsaid...

It's just one of those

It's just one of those things. I run barefoot, and lately I've been doing all of my running at 4:00am after work. If I saw someone (especially a girl, because I'm sexist that way! ;) ) running with no shoes in the middle of the night, my first thought would probably still be that something was wrong.

The fact that he stopped you is probably a good thing. He didn't drive by and assume that everything was okay. You might be a topic of conversation back at the station, though!

Joe, Baby is a guy,

Joe, Baby is a guy, but...never mind. Yes, it's good that the cop cared. I don't get the flashing lights though.