Sticky pebbles

Yorkshire Rob

Barefooters
Jul 25, 2010
Does anyone else find that small pebbles stick to their feet when running in damp conditions?

Not a major problem but tres annoying

Yes.  Supposedly once we've

Yes. Supposedly once we've done this awhile, stuff like that sticks less because our skin becomes less subtle, less spongelike. I think this is the case for me, but I've only been doing this for less than two years.

Still happens all the

Still happens all the time.

Words of warning, don't try to scuff them off. I tore a toe up and the bottom of my foot once. Don't try to hop on one leg and brush them off, you look really stupid tripping yourself running barefoot down the road and cars will honk and people will laugh. Trust me, I know.

Just stop, brush it off, take a drink and start running. Just some practical advice

Still happens all the

Still happens all the time.

Words of warning, don't try to scuff them off. I tore a toe up and the bottom of my foot once. Don't try to hop on one leg and brush them off, you look really stupid tripping yourself running barefoot down the road and cars will honk and people will laugh. Trust me, I know.

Just stop, brush it off, take a drink and start running. Just some practical advice

I don't scuff them off, but I

I don't scuff them off, but I lengthen my stride a bit to the back and push off slightly. That will usually brush them off and doesn't look too awkward.

And yeah, you will get less of these things in your foot the longer you go barefoot. Except for pieces of asphalt. Those buggers always stick to my feet...probably because they are hotter and stickier than pebbles. Just be sure to get those off your foot immediately, to avoid them puncturing the skin. I had a piece of asphalt in my foot not too long ago that stayed there for a week.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts