Starting a new diet

Nick, how the diet coming?

I don't know that starchy carbs are all that bad. They might be helpful the day before a long run. Don't the Jamaican runners talk about their yams? Food is fuel. Doesn't seem to be a problem unless one doesn't burn it off, and then it goes to the spare tire or in the boot.
The diet is not really going... Been so busy with school this week that I haven't really had a chance to read through the book yet to figure out how everything works yet. I am kind of just trying to eat more healthy right now without going all crazy restrictive.

As far as starchy carbs like potatoes, I think people who say we as humans never used to eat that stuff are full of crap. It's one of the easiest foods to find and get from the land and you can see evidence of humans foraging for roots and tubers throughout history. I think we in today's society may alter these foods and make them worse for us by the way we cook them and what we add to them. We also seem to eat a ton of them which may contribute to the problem.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I don't think whether we ate it, or not, is as big of an issue as how our current lifestyles are not conducive to adequately burning off as many simple carbohydrates as the average person eats in a day.

The diet is not really going... Been so busy with school this week that I haven't really had a chance to read through the book yet to figure out how everything works yet. I am kind of just trying to eat more healthy right now without going all crazy restrictive.

As far as starchy carbs like potatoes, I think people who say we as humans never used to eat that stuff are full of crap. It's one of the easiest foods to find and get from the land and you can see evidence of humans foraging for roots and tubers throughout history. I think we in today's society may alter these foods and make them worse for us by the way we cook them and what we add to them. We also seem to eat a ton of them which may contribute to the problem.
I think the Paleo argument is more with grains, particularly wheat, not roots and tubers. I rarely eat grains these days, but my wife and kids love their bread and rice and don't seem to be any the worse for it.

I don't think whether we ate it, or not, is as big of an issue as how our current lifestyles are not conducive to adequately burning off as many simple carbohydrates as the average person eats in a day.
While on the topic of burning it off, I think that legged locomotion is the most underappreciated and underutilized form of transportation in the US. My longest barefoot run at the time was a 5 mile jog to pick up the car from the shop. (I put on minshoes after 3.5 miles since I was still a tenderfoot). Going to drop off the car and jog home tomorrow and pick it up on Sunday. Though honestly, I'm not sure that I'd really want to do that for groceries.

While on the topic of burning it off, I think that legged locomotion is the most underappreciated and underutilized form of transportation in the US. My longest barefoot run at the time was a 5 mile jog to pick up the car from the shop. (I put on minshoes after 3.5 miles since I was still a tenderfoot). Going to drop off the car and jog home tomorrow and pick it up on Sunday. Though honestly, I'm not sure that I'd really want to do that for groceries.
Yah, I've done it for dropping off my car at the garage and for banking, but it would be a little too intense for grocery shopping or picking up lumber at Menard's or Home Depot, I have to agree.

Reactions: scedastic and Sid
Yah, I've done it for dropping off my car at the garage and for banking, but it would be a little too intense for grocery shopping or picking up lumber at Menard's or Home Depot, I have to agree.

but i do want pics of anyone hauling lumber from the home improvment store bf home. maybe some sort of cart or dolly? what? don't be such a wuss.
gosh, now i can't figure out if that's hot or crazy. even i may have my limits of being excited by eccentricities.................................

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts