Splotchy red marks on legs/feet after run?

I've been going through an app for the couch-to-5k program
and the last 2 runs I have gotten towards the end and afterwards this odd red splotchy marks (could be a rash idk) on the tops of my feet and lowers legs
My legs/ankles/feet/etc don't hurt or anything, not even sore, infact everything feels great after a run! :)

But it is kind of worrying me, perhaps doing tmts?
It looks like this (idk if u can see it was taken from my iPod on an overcast day:/)

http://s8.postimage.org/8o1yt55x1/IMG_0096.jpg

I am doing it all barefoot, but I didn't just jump into it, I've had a couple of months of regular walking/jogging on gravel like this: http://s8.postimage.org/wgba4o7xx/IMG_0097.jpg

and I'm perfectly fine going for a long time on that, so I don't think its anything to do with my feet anyhow.
It goes away about an hour after running, so maybe Its just increased blood flow or something and I'm worrying unnecessarily , I'm not really that worried, cause nothing hurts and it goes away relatively quickly, but I'm just optimistically cautious as I don't want to damage anything if there is any worry for that.

Anywhos,, thnx

I can't see the pics, blocked at work (what kind of pics are they???:eek:) But I would say that if it goes away within a couple hours you're probably right assuming it's some kind of blood flow issue, or maybe even a heat rash?

On another note, what's the cough-to-5k program. Is it for ex-bong smokers?:D

Also, welcome to the BRS!

From WebMD:

What Is Heat Rash?

Heat rash -- also called prickly heat or miliaria -- is a common condition in which areas of the skin feel prickly or sting due to overheating. Heat rash looks like tiny bumps surrounded by a zone of red skin. It usually occurs on clothed parts of the body, such as the back, abdomen, neck, upper chest, groin, or armpits and usually gets better once the skin is cooled.
Heat rash occurs most often in hot, humid conditions. It's most common in infants. Active people, newborns in incubators, and bedridden patients with fever also are more likely to get heat rash.

What Causes Heat Rash?

heat_rash.jpg

Heat rash begins with excessive perspiration, usually in a hot, humid environment. The ducts from the sweat glands in the skin become blocked. This causes the sweat to leak into the surrounding tissue, causing irritation and redness. You may feel the prickly, or stinging, sensation that gives this condition its name.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11