sore arches!!

I've been walking around in my "boot" for several days now and my arch is killing me! Obviously, I am not one to need arch support, but sheesh! I think the problem is a hard soled shoe without arch support. My foot is not flexing or moving naturally (of course it isn't, it isn't supposed to) so the arch is being flattened without the opportunity for the muscles to engage and support it. I think this is why so many people think they need arch support. If you are in a stiff, non-flexing shoe, you probably do need orthotics! If I haven't adapted in a week or so, I'll go back to the clinic and beg for some help, this is nuts.

It is going to be a LONG 6 weeks!

Good luck, Wendy.

Good luck, Wendy.

I felt the same way when I

I felt the same way when I was in my stiff shoes, I kicked them off after 2 weeks :O Hang in there, it's a pain in the butt but it's short term in the long run and worth it if it means healing your sf.

I hated my post-op boot too

I hated my post-op boot too (my husband got it for me). I pissed and moaned about it relentlessly. It made my feet all soft and girly. NOT what I was hoping for! Just go online shopping; it made me feel better!