Someone hit slow mo, September..where have your feet been?

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Seriously? It's September?!? Next thing you know, we'll be singing Deck the Halls. Someone slow us down for crying out loud!

Let's here it, whatchyour feet up to? MOnday 1.5hrs dance (barefoot) Tuesday 2.5hrs Zumba (1hr barefoot, 1.5hrs minimal shoe) Wednesday 5mi run barefoot

Tell me about it!   Way to

Tell me about it! Way to fast.

This week I am doing a slight taper for my 20k race on labor day. I am only going to max out 13 miles for the week

But I had the sickest barefoot tempo run this morning. I ran 5 miles at a 7:25 pace - Time 37:05. I know I can't hold a 7:25 pace for 12 miles, but if I can maintain a 7:38 pace on labor day I will beat my shod time from last year.

Woohoo I ran 8 miles

Woohoo I ran 8 miles uncomfortable miles this week so far.

Zumba I think you need to start using dates again :) I'm an accountant and things like the 2nd to last week of August just don't make sense to me.

Aw man really Abide? Does

Aw man really Abide? Does this mean I have to actually sit down and try to figure out just when the hell the week actually starts? It's almost as impossible around here as figuring out which came first...chicken? egg?

Monthly cool?

Awesome job on the speedy run LBF. You're going to rock your race!

Rest day!! Calls for a Guinness :cool:

Of course I can do monthly,

Of course I can do monthly, my life is run by the months. How about this I'll leave a post in yours saying what day the week is ending?

Like this one - Week ending September 4/5

I ran a 5K Wednesday after

I ran a 5K Wednesday after about a 100 squats and stuff at the gym - 20 tire flips along the track without aggravating my injury, woo hoo! Last night, I tried to do my running club's hill workout on top of that and I actually got stomach distress for the first time. I didn't make it the whole workout, but it was good. I'm itching for a run today on these sore legs and then a long run at the beach on Sunday - have to map out routes from our vacation rental :) for next week. Nice, smooth concrete for BFR plus the beach - I am VERY excited.

Perfect Abide, and then

Perfect Abide, and then Schwab can end her week on Sept 7th. We can custom our own weeks in the month thread:) Brilliant!

I'm a Sunday to Saturday so my week ends September 4 ;)

Monday 1.5hrs dance (barefoot, belly and latin)

Tuesday 2.5hrs Zumba (1hr barefoot, 1.5hrs minimal shoe)

Wednesday 5mi run barefoot

Friday 2hrs Zumba (1hr dance sneak, 1hr bare) + 1hr latin dance (bare...foot that is )

I ran a total of 12 miles

I ran a total of 12 miles this week...3 days of 4 mile runs...most done since before my little lay-off :)...slowly getting back up to 20 :-D

Nice work Nate Cube! You'll

Nice work Nate Cube! You'll be back up there in no time. How's everything feeling? So far so good?

for the most part...after

for the most part...after yesterdays 4miles in 30 min...I def. felt a little "irritation" at my "boo-boo"...today, it is very very slightly sore...but I don't plan on running again until Monday, so I don't think I'm over-doing it....and I don't think I'm "under doing it" :-D.

jschwab wrote:I ran a 5K

jschwab said:
I ran a 5K Wednesday after about a 100 squats and stuff at the gym - 20 tire flips along the track without aggravating my injury, woo hoo! Last night, I tried to do my running club's hill workout on top of that and I actually got stomach distress for the first time. I didn't make it the whole workout, but it was good. I'm itching for a run today on these sore legs and then a long run at the beach on Sunday - have to map out routes from our vacation rental :) for next week. Nice, smooth concrete for BFR plus the beach - I am VERY excited.

Turns out my hill workout was 1 mile warmup with about 1.75 miles of hill sprints (sprint is an exaggeration!), I was itching to run a third day in a row yesterday and didn't have time cleaning up work stuff before my vacation, so it's time to increase my miles. I am hoping it works ut at our vacation rental to run a bunch. I mapped out the round-the-island route and it's about 8 miles.

Just right where you need to

Just right where you need to be it sounds, Cube. Keep at it:) I couldn't believe how weak my foot felt after 6 weeks of no running. Didn't take much time at all to build that strength back up though:)

Yay for beach running Schwab, enjoy!! 8miles around an island, bliss!

I decided to take off today, didn't have time (hubby passed out early) and have an extra kid hanging around (sleep over). I'll hit a 7miler or so tomorrow. Can't wait. This weather is begging me to run in it.

Pretty slow week for me but

Pretty slow week for me but I think my body will thank me for it

Tue - 6.45 (BF)

Wed - 6.85 (BF)

Fri - 2.00 (Luna)

Sat - 17.00 (Luna)

I usually like to rest on Sunday but since my run today was blah and shorter then I had wanted , I hope to get in a few more tomorrow night.

I'm still on and off

I'm still on and off depending on how my foot feels and how busy I am at work. I managed to do OK this week. Total of 8.5 miles barefoot run/walk -- all trails.

Tue 8/31 - 3.5 miles (1.5 mile group hike, then I split off from the group for a 2 mile run)

Sat 9/4 - 5 miles run/walk intervals

I expect to get in a bike ride later today to round out the week (my weeks are Mon-Sun).

Peace,

Karen

peacekaren wrote:I'm still

peacekaren said:
I'm still on and off depending on how my foot feels and how busy I am at work. I managed to do OK this week. Total of 8.5 miles barefoot run/walk -- all trails.

Tue 8/31 - 3.5 miles (1.5 mile group hike, then I split off from the group for a 2 mile run)

Sat 9/4 - 5 miles run/walk intervals

I expect to get in a bike ride later today to round out the week (my weeks are Mon-Sun).

17 mile bike ride done! Beautiful, beautiful day!

Peace,

Karen

27.8 miles for me this

27.8 miles for me this week.

I had hoped to do more - I just had a long trail run fail. I'm running a trail marathon on November 6th. There aren't a lot of "long enough" trails here in Massachusetts since there is very little private land. I picked an area and was supposed to do a 10.4 mile out and back, return to the car, and then do a 7.5 mile out and back in the other direction. But the area I picked was essentially unrunnable (barefoot or otherwise) It was too rocky and too steep. Three miles and FIFTY minutes later, I said "eff this" and returned to my car. 90 minutes. 6 miles.

I'll make another attempt at a long run tomorrow morning.

Ok, this one stings a little:

Ok, this one stings a little: 1.5 miles this week. The week started off with me catching a cold, then I got my evos and took them for a quick test run. The day after my mother arrived and stayed with us for the weekend and we had a birthday party for my kids so I haven't had time to run, really. Time to make up for the time off next week, I guess.

First time I have posted

First time I have posted mileage like this, but it was a light week for me (had relatives in town and was playing the good host). I maxed out with 17.5 miles barefoot (all completed Saturday night) for the week. Next week will be a heavy mileage week for me, I have a marathon to run on the weekend, and I usually lead up with at least 4 to 5 - 5 mile runs prior to the race.

Karen, this weather sure is

Karen, this weather sure is beautiful! Nice bike ride!

BB, sorry you had a crap week. Your body needed the rest, you'll get out there and hit it hard again soon. You'll do yourself no good if you try to do it while your body is recovering.

Bob, gl with the marathon! Nice 17mi barefoot run, will this be a barefoot marathon+? How far out are you from the Twin Cities, MN? We have regular meetups, it'd be awesome if you could make one of the bigger ones. McDougall is coming to town on Sept 15 for a book signing, there are a few of us MN BRS folk planning to attend.

Silly, ugh..that does sound like a rough trek. HOpe tomorrow brings you a better run. That stinks you don't have many options for trail running nearby, esp when training for a trail marathon. GL

Week ending 9/11

Sunday 6mi (BF) , good run....bit windy but good nonetheless. Slowly inching my mileage up, I'm not going to get too antsy, but I'm itching for some nice longer 10mi+ runs before the snow flies.

peacekaren, what's going on

peacekaren, what's going on with your foot? I hope it's Ok...

Final tally:

3.1 Tuesday

2.75 (hill workout) Thursday

8.0 Sunday = 13.85

All of these were in water shoes. I managed the 8 today in shoes with about a million holes in them and hubby (Capmikee) went totally barefoot). I love that condition barely matters when it comes to minimalist shoes. They still did what I needed them to do. We ran over all kinds of urban terrain - chip and seal, landscape gravel, pea gravel, concrete, general crappiness and they were fine. We are on an island and it's great - no shirt, no shoes, great service! We barely registered for people used to seeing people bumming around barefoot.

I have to up the mileage this week or I'll go crazy. I've been hanging just under 15 for weeks now doing other gym stuff, but my legs are all restless now.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts