Socks...my word they are expensive!!!

drewfromrisca

Barefooters
Oct 27, 2010
It's getting nippy over here in the U.K. and is going to get colder so to try and warm up my feet whilst wearing my VFF's my wife bought me 2 pairs of Injinji socks but I realise I'm going to need another 4 pairs at least!!! They are so expensive though!!! They are about £14 a pair on average.

Does anyone use any other brand of sock or am I going to have to bite the bullet and shell out the £££ for these???

Xmas is coming so I could always put them on my wanted list my dear ol Mum has asked for
wink.png

That's one of my biggest

That's one of my biggest peeves about toe-shoes. If the VFF (my choice would be the Sprint) was made with a toebox, inexpensive socks that are a million times better than Injinjies could then be used. For $12 in the USA, one can buy a pair of traditional socks that are made of sturdy wool and go all the up to the knee. And the store you buy them from is familiar (probably even local to you if your Winters typically get below 45f degrees).

My other big peeve about toe-shoes is that they radiate body heat away too fast, which further shows how bad of a choice they are. A VFF with a toebox would not take away from the running experience, as long as it provided the same ground feel and flexed the same as with the toe-pockets.

There's got to be other

There's got to be other brands out there. Just keep searching the Internet. Have you tried e-Bay? We sell them through our Amazon ad, and it's a pretty good deal compared to what's out there, but I don't know what shipping would cost. If you go through our link on the site when that banner ad is up, I think it takes you to other "flavors" of five-toed socks. Give it a try. Good luck.

Feelmax make toe socks too.

Feelmax make toe socks too. Not that they're much cheaper though. http://www.feelmax.fi/index.php

Yeah, toe socks are not very

Yeah, toe socks are not very easy to get on the cheap. I actually have been experimenting with making four cuts in my normal socks so that they fit into VFF pockets. So far, it works...kind of. But getting your feet into the pockets with cut up socks is difficult at best.

I just picked up a pair of

I just picked up a pair of smartwool socks today and they were $20 for one pair. They had better be great.

Smartwool is another

Smartwool is another massively overpriced product (it's just merino wool with a flashy name). You can get comparable socks made by less trendy brands like Wigwam for a lot less money. LLBean Offers a 2-pair pack of crew-height merino ragg wool socks for like $18.

just a really curious

just a really curious question for those that wear socks....specialty socks at that for five fingered shoes...why would you need so many pairs? Even if you hand wash and line dry, why more than 2 pairs? maybe something else I'm not aware of since I don't use them?

NakedSoleNate wrote: just a

NakedSoleNate said:
just a really curious question for those that wear socks....specialty socks at that for five fingered shoes...why would you need so many pairs? Even if you hand wash and line dry, why more than 2 pairs? maybe something else I'm not aware of since I don't use them?
I don't have toe-shoes, and have been mostly sock-less for the past 6 years so, maybe this isn't what you were hoping to hear, however, I think people would like to wear their shoes everyday during the Winter without having to worry about washing a pair of socks every day. Back when I wore shoes & socks, I had enough identical socks to last me at least 2 weeks before having to do my laundry.