So, whatcha doin' this weekend?

RunningPirate

Barefooters
Mar 23, 2012
Doing anything cool? Going to any parades or ceremonies? Relieving the country of excess alcohol and meat products? There's no purpose to this other than nosiness and general whathaveyou.

My weekend activity is actually already done: A buddy and I just completed hiking the Skyline-to-Sea trail the past three days - total 33 miles (10 miles the first two days and 13 today). Had a great time, despite getting hit with a bit of cold/damp from a storm that came down from British Columbia (BTW - Thanks, Canada). Briefly entertained attempting this hike in huaraches, but I realized that me with the pack weighed 247 lbs and I figured that weight x that distance x no support would have equaled everything below the hips getting torn out. The rest of the weekend is going to revolve around returning rented equipment, putting stuff away and an amount of laziness that borders on immoral.

Regardless of what you do, have an outstanding weekend and remember why this holiday exists in the first place.

In addition to relieving the area's bratwurst and beer surplus, I will be buried in a mountain of school work. I'm four weeks from my Master's in Teaching degree and have a ton of last minute research, portfolio artifacts and lesson plans to get done (student teaching until the very end).

Oh, I did hit the REI anniversary sale today. New camping mattress FTW!

Oh, I did hit the REI anniversary sale today. New camping mattress FTW!

Outstanding! (the MS stuff is cool, too). Yes, I forgot that the REI sale is this weekend...fortunately, that's where I rented my pack from, so I guess it's time to buy...

I visited a minimalist shoe store helping a friend find something to run in, ran 6 miles of trails...visited a beer store that only refills growler bottles with microbrewery beers, now have 3 new beers to try...not bad for my first day of a 4 day weekend.

Reactions: Lomad
Today went and visited the grave sites of some family vets and put some flags and flowers there. Then commenced on drinking some Fat Weasel Ale. Tomorrow will be another family day just at the inlaws. Monday will be a full day of finishing homework. Today and possibly tomorrow night the wife and I are trying to watch all of our dvr so we can cancel the cable on Tuesday. We will also be clearing out our storage unit this weekend so we can get rid of that as well.

I always forget which holidays you guys have when, but have a good weekend whatever you're doing. I'm off to an industrial town outside of Rome for two days, flying this afternoon.

Two public holidays for us next Monday and Tuesday to celebrate the 50th anniversary of QE2 ascending the throne. Let us know when you're ready to return to the fold?

Reactions: Bare Lee
Two public holidays for us next Monday and Tuesday to celebrate the 50th anniversary of QE2 ascending the throne. Let us know when you're ready to return to the fold?
A lot of us are ready, but the Patriot Act has made it really tough on us royalists.

Oh sh!t, I just goggled 'royalist' and there really are some here in the States, replete with blogs and forums. I hope they don't find out about us barefoot runners.

Oh sh!t, I just goggled 'royalist' and there really are some here in the States, replete with blogs and forums. I hope they don't find out about us barefoot runners.

Don't worry - their "official" web site is on Angelfire....they've got at least 15 years until they catch up to us...

Reactions: Lomad
Angelfire????!!! Wait, did I wake up in 1998?

Dude - you nailed it! Behold!

About Us
The Royalist Party of America was founded in 1998. While the stated goal of the party is the ultimate conversion of the United States from a republic to a monarchy, we are all rational people and realize that this certainly is not a realistic possibility anytime in the forseeable future. Therefore, we are content to focus on more immediate goals.

You should be a mind reader, or something...

...i claim no affiliation with the Royalists; I'm more of a Robin's Eggist.

Sorry for the blue humor.

Interesting. I had you more pegged as a Periwinkle man. Live and learn, I reckon... [BTW, from one schticky SOB to another, allow me to say: Well played, sir. Well played.]

As for the website, the only way they could have gotten more 90's is if they were set up on Geocities ('course, that's defunct, but still..) Or better yet: AOL! (I think I have 72,543 free hours of dial up left from all those CD's they mailed me).

Reactions: Lomad and Bare Lee
thankyew, thanyew; tip your waitresses (and pleas, help them back up after). Lame jokes are the best jokes.

Ha*snort*! I remember Geocities, too. Had a Prodigy account, for that matter...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts