So, what do I do with these things now?

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
Just moved all my foot cofins upstairs into the storage room. Before I did it, I decided to take a pic, didn't honestly realize I had so many:

Wy wife is a little ticked off when she thinks about how much money I've (we've) put into these things and wants me to "do something" with them, whatever that means.

What does it mean?

Oh yeah - I layed the Huaraches out in front, just to taunt the shoes a bit.

Here, a lot of running

Here, a lot of running stores will take slightly used shoes to donate to track coaches-- for their students who cannot afford "quality" running shoes. Do they even do high school track clubs there? (I'm assuming sports are still community-based and not school based, although that's really old information I'm working with)

Places like Goodwill and

Places like Goodwill and Disabled Vets are always looking for donated shoes regardless of condition. I've already donated all my old running shoes to the Vets.

You just need to pull an

You just need to pull an Anton Krupicka on a few of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SUZ5xB_Skk

no, no, no... I'm trying to

no, no, no... I'm trying to figure out what my wife wants me to do with them, a science unto itself!

But, seriously, good suggestions and thanks for the Tony video, whoopee! :D

I'm thinking of donating my

I'm thinking of donating my closet clutter to this group:

http://www.soles4souls.org/about/locations.html

I was going to suggest Soles

I was going to suggest Soles 4 Souls too.

That's actually a very telling photo. Can we borrow it for future use here on the BRS?

i recently donated over 2

i recently donated over 2 grand in shoes. it was so sad because i actually love shoes. i love the designs and colors and oh it was painful to watch shoes i wore once or twice and were really brand new just go into a bag and head out the door. still though i know they are going to a good cause and they will help people out so it was worth it. wouldnt mind having that money back though.

Jimmy Hart wrote:wouldnt mind

Jimmy Hart said:
wouldnt mind having that money back though.

This reflects my wife's sentiments pretty accurately.

I don't know of any sport shoe charity operations here, and most of them are rattier than they look in the pic. The GoLites are like new, though :p

@TJ - Of course you can use the photo, it'd be an honor. I can send you a larger copy if you'd like, but I can't find your email address...

@Norm - you're right about school sports here, there aren't any, not the way it works in the US. There are LOT'S of sports clubs, for virtually every sport under the sun (not only Soccer, lol), and for every age group, but they're all officiated private clubs and involved in a league system that I don't understand.

Still, School vs School sports don't exist (of course they have sports instruction/gym class in school, and they're graded pretty strictly on it, too. In fact, the concept of phys ed was created by an an interesting man called Johann Christoph GuthsMuths just over the border in Thueringen, there are schools and universities named after him).

Donate the shoes, there is

Donate the shoes, there is always someone, somewhere that could use them.

Also, recently I have seen old running shoes turned into a planter for flowers and such. It looked pretty cool!

Try BarefootTJ at

Try BarefootTJ at BarefootRunners dot org. Thanks so much.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test