Sneaky runner

I was out on my favorite trail today and it was very busy since we had cloud covered and light rain. I feel like I make a lot of noise running since I have water sloshing in 4 bottles around my waist, but aparently I'm really quiet. Three times I came up behind walkers, slowed my pace for a minute waiting for them to move over, finally said, "Excuse me" and they jumped out of their skin! I really don't do this on purpose, but I'm thinking I need to start singing out loud when I run trails or something because some of these people were old and out of shape and I'm afraid I may give someone a heart attack!

haha, this happens to me all

haha, this happens to me all of the time. I usually try to clear my throat or something...I've even snuck up on a few dogs :O

Singing would be more fun though I think ;)

I've snuck up on deer before

I've snuck up on deer before too.

this happens to me all the

this happens to me all the time...on the streets, freaking people out....it's fun as all hell...in the woods...well...I've even seen cyote :), tons of deer, racoon....fox, etc...it's AWESOME. But the thing that was most surprising was when I snuck up on that great white shark, I know he was a little out of his element, but who am I to say a great white has no business vacationing in the mountain hills of central PA??

Maybe I shouldn't have eaten THAT berry....

I saw it on Lou Rantin's FB

I saw it on Lou Rantin's FB page first...should give him credit...although I think he posted it from someone elses ;-). Who can decipher the ways of viral video??

Oh thank goodness there is no

Oh thank goodness there is no video!
laughdon.gif

I was camping last weekend

I was camping last weekend and was trying out some of the trails. They seemed a bit too advanced for me, boulders nestled in deep grass so I was making mistake after mistake. After an awkward landing I paused and rubbed the new sore spot on the foot. When I bent down I noticed there was a field mouse two inches from my pinky toe. He was grooming himself. I stared at him for about two minutes until I felt like I was being a little creepy so I cleared my throat. He leaped into a tension crouch, looked up and saw a mountainous human looking back at him. With a sniff he blurred into the underbrush, no doubt swearing to himself and wondering how in the hell a human snuck up on him like that.

So yeah, I snuck up on a mouse. Not as fun as Norwegians to scare, though.

Now that is the best "snuck

Now that is the best "snuck up on" story I have ever read. I LOVE it. I could totally see that happening. How cute. How big was he by the way? Oh, and yikes! What if you had stepped on him? I stepped on a dead frog the other night during one of my midnight runs. It was eeeeeeew!

I got within 10 ft of a

I got within 10 ft of a Turkey last week in VFF KSO's....probably been able to catch "her" if I were Barefoot

crazy.png

TJ....was it dead before you

TJ....was it dead before you stepped on it?? :)

Yes, it was dead...already. 

Yes, it was dead...already. Are you implying I murdered it as in hit-and-run, then left the scene?

Yes, I was accusing you of

Yes, I was accusing you of being a midnight frog murderer :-D

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts