Small and Mighty MN Chapter Meetup Aug 7, 2010

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Saypay and I met up for the Minnesota Half Marathon and 5k (we both ran the 5k). We'd hoped for a half a dozen others but it was just us, haha. We pushed our way through the crowd of 5kers and finished hard at 23:31 (chip time 23:26) taking 24th place out of 240+ runners :) Fantastic run and meetup, dh, SP and I went for a coffee "about a mile" (more like a 5k) from the race. Great times...More to come!SP missing in action, how do you miss tall barefoot guy? haha

Awesome fun!  Everyong has

Awesome fun! Everyong has the same timing device, that makes for a nice ankle strap too. See, they were thinking of us barefoot runners when they decided to use them. ;-)

Hope you don't mind that I fixed the picture size too. Just right click on your photo and add 400 to the width.

No worries.  You're the boss

No worries. You're the boss TJ.

We have more pictures coming for that report, as soon as I can get copies from Zumba. I was really trying to remember my camera for once. Then I scrambled to get my race stuff together on race morning and forgot it (again).

haha, no I meant mia from the

haha, no I meant mia from the top pic:p (I think you were on the far left of the frame)

I'll hop on over to the race report:)

those big clunky timing chip anklets were nasty. I'd rather stick to the small chips and bring my own strap for it LOL

and thanks for fixing the pic:)

I guess they would come in

I guess they would come in handy for a BFR who forgot their ankle strap. We know that's happened before. We're so used to heading out the door as minimal as possible, come race day, we forget our ankle straps, our camera, and our heads to boot! Hee.

The race chips were pretty

The race chips were pretty horrible TJ. It looked like everyone had an iPod Shuffle attached to their leg. I chose not to wear one. I don't really care what my 5K official time was anyway. I didn't think I would win any awards (except 2nd place in the barefoot division).

So Zum stomped your hiney is

So Zum stomped your hiney is what you're saying.

lmao, that's about what the

lmao, that's about what the strap felt like too SP :p I think we held pace very nicely, not sure I'd have been able to go much faster at this point. Give me another year and then I'll smoke your ass ;)

TJ, definitely a bonus though for those who'd forget they're strap.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test