Skora Running

Nyah, please feel free to add

Nyah, please feel free to add your comments on your opinions about those shoes to the comments section of the Review & Buyer's Guide. Your insight may be helpful to others and save them some time, money, and trouble. Just copy out what you have said here. Thanks.

Thanks for the thoughts

Thanks for the thoughts Nyah. Interestingly enough the man behind Skora is a barefoot runner and the shoe that was posted has less of a taper in the toe box than it looks. It's actually pretty wide in the toe but just not straight across the front like Crocks or Birks. Skora is still in a whirlwind of design right now so don't get too caught up in a released draft of a potential design as I'm sure it's just an attempt at drumming interest.

Jimmy Hart wrote:Thanks for

Jimmy Hart said:
Thanks for the thoughts Nyah. Interestingly enough the man behind Skora is a barefoot runner and the shoe that was posted has less of a taper in the toe box than it looks. It's actually pretty wide in the toe but just not straight across the front like Crocks or Birks. Skora is still in a whirlwind of design right now so don't get too caught up in a released draft of a potential design as I'm sure it's just an attempt at drumming interest.
The width I'm talking about is straight across the front, not vertical, lengthwise or any other widths. When seen from directly above or below, the big toe should extend farther from the shoe's center line than the ball of the foot does. On a bare foot that has been unchanged by footwear, the edges of the big toe, the ball of the foot, and the heel form a straight line that you can hold a ruler to. The same parts in the Skora concept drawing do not line up.
66384_164316383595798_139591392734964_437879_2416459_n.jpg

The very beginning is precisely the time to critique a shoe design. That way the designer can know what the public is interested in buying, before any money gets spent on production. If I don't mention a problem until the shoe has been made, it'll be a lot of work for the designer to start over, which he/she may not be willing to do.