Situations when you chose barefoot over shoes?

Since I was already barefoot from a run along the Embarcadero in San Francisco this evening, I decided to walk barefoot all the way back to my office building through the streets of SF. Carrying my NB Minimus in my hands made me feel less self-conscious though it was starting to get dark, anyway. After a shower in the basement of my building, I stayed barefoot the rest of the evening - went up to my office, picked up my laptop, then left the office and walked through downtown SF to the South of Market area to rendezvous with my ride to Oakland. A nice barefoot evening!

I had a dental appointment in San Mateo this afternoon. So I took CalTrain from San Francisco. Once i got off the train, I walked 1.3 miles to my dentist's office barefoot but then put on my shoes before entering the office. After seeing the dentist, I shucked my shoes again and walked back 1.3 miles to the train station, road the train barefoot back to SF standing with dozens of commuters, walked barefoot from the train station to the bus terminal through crowds of people headed to a Giants baseball game, rode the bus to Oakland and then walked home barefoot with a couple of neighbors who were on the same bus. They were curious about my barefooted state but they have seen me running barefoot so took it all in stride (is that a pun?) Somewhere along the way, my right heel must have stepped on a small piece of glass. There is a tiny prick on my heel.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Hi. I'm 2 days into barefoot running. I love it! Does anyone have any recommendations on places to run Barefoot in SF bay area? I'm open to any suggestions in the general Bay Area. Thanks!
Please feel free to join the San Francisco Chapter through the Chapters link above and post a hello there as well. Welcome!

Took Monday off for a dental visit and spent it barefoot except for about 20 steps in birkies at the dental office. In addition to running about 8 miles bf this morning, 18k steps, I added another 9k steps walking between home, the bus, the bart, another bus, the dentist office; and then repeated it all in the other direction. A pretty nice day.

Last edited:

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11