Shoes with wide toe box

Nick, can't you see that the shoes on someone else's feet represent exactly how they will fit on yours? It's pretty obvious to me that you have no idea how your shoes actually fit you. Just accept that the Altras fit you better; it'll be better in the long run. Nothing can fit as well as the shoe that's marketed as foot shaped. It HAS to be the truth.
This reminds me of the time I took a fitness class in college trying to lose weight. The university track coach warned us to choose shoes that fit properly He said that modern shoes don't break in anymore, and you're more likely to break your feet. He said this 199... well a long time ago. It seems that the same is true today.

I'm with Nick, as I have four pair of minshoes. One has a few hundred miles on them, the others less than five total. Shoes fit differently.

Reactions: NickW
Ah, somehow my toes got all of sudden bigger or something
I've had the same thing happen with my casual minshoes. As my feet got bigger, my feet would be slightly uncomfortable for a few weeks, then suddenly, the shoes were intolerable. A shoe stretcher provided temporary relief, but eventually buying bigger shoes solved the problem. This has happened twice about one year apart.

Reactions: NickW
I've had the same thing happen with my casual minshoes. As my feet got bigger, my feet would be slightly uncomfortable for a few weeks, then suddenly, the shoes were intolerable. A shoe stretcher provided temporary relief, but eventually buying bigger shoes solved the problem. This has happened twice about one year apart.

I seriously never have this any thought until now. My feet have been the same size since 7th grade and I could not understand why my shoes felt so much smaller!

Reactions: Sid and NickW
In my humble opinion, there is no shoe wider than Soft Star moccasins from www.softstarshoes.com. They are my favorite shoes, and my feet are monstrously wide. I have a hard time finding any shoes that fit me, because I have completely square feet with big toe muscles. The neat thing about Soft Star is you can send them your footprint and they will tailor them custom to your feet! I run in the RunAmocs but the Dashes are very popular. Also great for winter wear, very warm. They're like mittens, and your toes can play inside the shoe which is unlike any other conventional shoes I've found.

Reactions: Sid and NickW
The neat thing about Soft Star is you can send them your footprint and they will tailor them custom to your feet!
From their website:
We will not use your measurements or foot tracings to create a custom-shaped foot bed or pattern to account for the individual contours of your foot. Instead we use your measurements or tracings to ascertain the best standard size and width (narrow, regular, wide or extra wide) to send you. If your measurements indicate that a standard size will not work then we will call you.

Reactions: Sid
From their website:
We will not use your measurements or foot tracings to create a custom-shaped foot bed or pattern to account for the individual contours of your foot. Instead we use your measurements or tracings to ascertain the best standard size and width (narrow, regular, wide or extra wide) to send you. If your measurements indicate that a standard size will not work then we will call you.
Now see Board I had talked to, crap I forget her name, anyhow I talked to this really nice lady there at Softstar and she had said they can custom make shoes for individuals as well (cost extra). Now that was several months back, so maybe their policy has changed. I know at the time not all models were customizeable, such as the Moc3. I've really been wanting to try their floppy footbags (the original runamoc lite).

So Nyah, you've got me thinking I may go ahead and give the Adam a second chance. I am going to order a half size larger and see if that helps. Now, with my Kinvaras I bet you think I try to cram my toes all the way up into that narrow spot and that's why you can't fathom how my other shoes fit me better. Actually, I don't cram my toes up there into that narrow space and that is just a big wasted space and causes me to be clumsy and trip over things all the time when I'm just walking. In anycase, I am willing to give the Adams a second chance because of one thing and one thing only, they are less than $50 with free shipping on Altras website. I loved how minimal they are, I just didn't like how they bothered my big toe, but I think if I go a half size bigger they might not bother me so much. Also, I like that I can make them fit how I want for thickness because of the insoles that come with it.