Saw My Cardiologist Today

LavaRunner

Chapter Presidents
Jun 4, 2010
I see him every year since I started running. Just a checkup but this year it was different, We have talked about my running a lot, he is not a fan due to the "pounding" the joints take. Well, that used to be true anyway.

After my EKG he walked in with a rather somber face and asked if I was getting Dizzy, Passing Out, Chest Pain, Nausea or any other strange symptoms. I said no and he said well your either in really great health or have something seriously wrong with your heart cause I only see this when people are dying. My heart rate on the EKG was 40 BPM. I told him that was normal and he thought it was awesome.

As I left I said, "Well, I suppose I am not dying" he laughed and said no, see you in a year.

Great news Scooter! I used

Great news Scooter!

I used to get turned down from donating blood for the same reason. Now I go out for run before I donate.

A good reminder that if you

A good reminder that if you have a Road ID or Medicalert bracelet, you should mention on it that you have a low pulse rate.

Ha ha, that is so cool, Lava!

Ha ha, that is so cool, Lava!

Nice work Scooter! I'm in the

Nice work Scooter! I'm in the low bpm group too, though not that low! Wow! You're working on a pretty efficient heart my friend ;)

So, do you get dizzy etc? I do and it's a pain in the butt! Esp when I stand up too fast

Yep, if I am lying around on

Yep, if I am lying around on the couch and the rate goes below 40, I have to be careful and sit for a second or I get light headed till the pump kicks in. He said that is normal. It is amazing that not only my resting has dropped but it used to be no big deal to get up around 160-170 BPM running hard. Now that would kill me. If I really press it in intervals I might get up to 160 and usually mid 150's is max. Running a 10 minute pace, maybe 120-130. And that is at 95 degrees.

Not too bad for a 49 year young dude!

He knew, I think he was

He knew, I think he was messing with me more than anything and being overly cautious. If I had a slow pulse, he diden't ask the questions and I died, he would possibly be liable.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test