running on glass

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
As I'm sure most of us barefooters do, when the roads are hot, I seek out the handy white lines which are always cooler than the hot asphalt. I have noticed lately that a lot of the newer white lines on the roads are rougher than the older lines. I found out yesterday that the new lines are rougher because the paint is mixed with glass beads to make them shinier at night. So, I guess a good part of my runs on hot days is on glass. Interesting.

Haha! I always seek out the

Haha! I always seek out the street lines! The past few weeks here in Virginia Beach it's been too hot and humid to run during the day. I've been getting my runs in before 6AM or after 8PM. The really dark asphalt is still crazy hot at 8PM! The idea that you are running barefoot on glass made me smile. The course I run in the morning has a few broken bottles on it but the shards never seem to make their way into my feet. I've noticed that if the glass is on smooth concrete it doesn't stand up on edge and it is fine to run over. The few shards that I've picked up in a toe or heel have all been on rough asphalt where the glass has more opportunity to be pointy end up. Enjoy your glass bead treatment and remember... people pay to have their feet exfoliated, you are getting it done for free!

SamEureka wrote:remember...

SamEureka said:
remember... people pay to have their feet exfoliated, you are getting it done for free!

:D

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts