Running Book Recommendations (not just BF)

Did anyone mention anthony field's book How I got my wiggle back? It has a few chapters by dr. Stoxen on rehabbing and the human spring.

Running Fast and Injury Free - Gordon Pirie Available as a pdf download.
I don't much care about speed but being injury free is critical!
I'm a bit confused with this one as a web search says it's a free download but the one site I went to wanted a $5 fee to download it.

Where did you get it?

I'm going to be adding articles to the home page about the various books out there on barefoot and/or minimalist running, so if anyone has any reviews of any of these types of books, please email them to me at [email protected]. Thanks!

well i've just ordered a bunch with a gift voucher and I have a vacation coming up so I'll let you know

This badass book is guaranteed to either inspire you or humiliate you:

C.C.Pyle's Amazing Foot Race

Read it and you'll never complain about little boo-boos and ouchies again, really. The writing is a little too prosaic for my discerning tastes, but the content is so mind-boggling that it overcomes everything. The author did a tremendous amount of detailed research and really deserves some kind of award for this offering.

Reactions: Pes Planus
What I think about when I think about running: Haruki Murakami. I really enjoyed this book, the way it was written, and the fact that it got me running again. Loved it.

Just need to correct this one - I searched for that and came up blank. It's "What I talk about when I talk about running"

Just got done with "Tread Lightly: Form, Footwear, and the Quest for Injury-Free Running". It was a good read. LOTS of studies covered in this one so it definitely leads to a lot of further reading if you so desire. My one criticism is that it needs a good editing, some parts can be a little repetitive. One thing this book does well is provide a lot of different views along with both scientific and anecdotal evidence to back up and claims made. It is also filled with interesting tid-bits about the history of running and the history of the shoe.

Just got done with "Tread Lightly: Form, Footwear, and the Quest for Injury-Free Running". It was a good read. LOTS of studies covered in this one so it definitely leads to a lot of further reading if you so desire. My one criticism is that it needs a good editing, some parts can be a little repetitive. One thing this book does well is provide a lot of different views along with both scientific and anecdotal evidence to back up and claims made. It is also filled with interesting tid-bits about the history of running and the history of the shoe.

I agree. I would also add that it's a great book for people who are beginning to run----wish there had been something like it years ago. Reasonable advice, no visible signs of dogma, decent explanations of what studies have shown/not shown for a lay public, fun history tid-bits.

I'm just over half way done "eat and run", by Scott Jurek. So far, it's a very good read.

It's on my list to read, but veganism wouldn't be at all practical for me, although I have been vegetarian for the last 4 weeks, fish only for the three weeks before that