Runners World called to ask about our race!

Norm Deplume

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Yesterday Mr :davie: Deplume and I directed our first ever race, one that we took over from a friend who has recently "retired" from RDing. We made plenty of mistakes, and it was the same weekend as Xterra and another larger 10k trail run an hour away, but it went over well. The people who ran it said we did fine for our first race. We had a barefoot division, just for kicks, and we got one female in Vibrams and one guy who decided to kick his shoes off at the last minute and run it BF. (The barefoot guy came in 2nd overall!)

We got home a few hours later to a message on our machine from a guy at Runners World who heard about the fact that we had a BF division and would like to know more about the race and our decision to include a BFers, etc. I'm guessing that once he finds out that only 55 people registered for the race, he'll be a lot less interested. ;)

Maybe only 55 registerd

Maybe only 55 registerd runners, but the guy at RW still heard about it.

Every chance to promote the concept has this potential.

Good work on your first race as director, and great job getting the word out on the BF division.

I'm proud of you Mrs.

I'm proud of you Mrs. :davie: Deplume! I know you were tetering on the BFR Division. I am so glad you went with it. Did you all have a website on this race?

We didn't have a website at

We didn't have a website at all for the race. We publicized it on Facebook through the local trail running group and here on the BRS. That's it.

Well if you do it again next

Well if you do it again next year and have your own site, we will give your our Stomp of Approval.