RunAmocs - Thumbs up!

txtenderfoot

Barefooters
Oct 15, 2010
Ordered a set of RunAmoc Lites from the Soft Star website and got my first run in them today. I really like them. I also have vff sprints and kso trek sports and surprisingly, to me, the RunAmocs feel the most like being barefooted. Took a little time to get used to the looseness of the fit (I have the right size and they are very roomy), but after a mile or so, they felt great. Went 2 miles on the road and a half mile down a rocky trail and was very impressed. I bought the 5mm sole version, since I plan to trail run with them mostly. I also wore a pair of Injinji socks with them. The RunAmocs are a great application for the Injinjis - regular shoes always felt too cramped in the toe box when I wore them.

So with a very limited statistical sampling, I'm giving them a very high rating.

Cool! I like that company's

Cool! I like that company's style.

I''m wondering how they feel compared to basic neoprene aquashoes, though. I got a decent pair from a sporting goods store, not expecting much, and gotta say, whooopeee, they really feel great. I bought them a size larger than normal, to allow for more toe room,but I think that was unnecessary since they're quite elastic anyway.

The FEEL is very close to barefoot, much moreso than in my Huaraches, and I bet it's similar to what you get from your mocs.

I agree with the aqua shoes.

I agree with the aqua shoes. I have worn mine for a couple of times and twice on trail runs. I really liked them and how I felt almost barefoot. I actually think I felt the ground better with the aqua shoes than my VFFs which did surprise me.

So many choices out there! Good!