RR / AWR

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
All in all it was a great day, got to see my dad and two of our kids, and PR'd the 5K.

Everyone's training advice paid off, with very little effort I came in a bit better than the middle of the pack of 911 finishers, and #13 of 29 men 55-59. 28:23

It was only 6 weeks ago that Shacky gave up on his spur of the moment intention of starting with me on his pre-real run 5K warm-up, after realizing that his move back in the starting line was going beyond 10 minute pace, past 10.5, further back towards the 11.5, and I think when I kept walking back from the 11.5 to the 12 he had about enough and I didn't see him again till the Hopcat meet-up.

I was the only barefoot runner on this incredibly beautiful final day of spring, but got the nod of approval from just about everyone.

I've had a few AW moments in my life, especially riding the triple tandem with two child stoker conversions and the Burley trailer in tow, not to mention some special moments in rental aircraft that were just too cool for anyone to think other than I was the luckey owner,

but this BFR craze is in full bloom.

People took their pictures with me!

I tried to tell them that tomorrow BF KB Saxton will be conducting a seminar just three miles from the race venue, but they wanted advice from me!

Just think if I had a beard!

You AW you!  Eat it up!  Eat

You AW you! Eat it up! Eat it up!

Ken-Bob in Livonia tomorrow,

Ken-Bob in Livonia tomorrow, Jimmie Buffett at DTE Tuesday (It'll always be Pine Knob to me though), Northville "Solstice Run" 5K Saturday.

My wife had her last day of school Friday, and both boys will be done w/ summer university semester Tuesday, so lots of family summer stuff coming up.

Hope to do plenty of biking with the family, so no BFR milage building in the near future.

BFR summer goal is to maintain the 5K distance, slowly adding speed.

When are we gonna hit CJ's?

Summer brew is on tap, and the Tiki Bar is OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry, my mind interprets it

Larry, my mind interprets it as attention wh**e but maybe that's just me. You pretty much have to be one to be barefoot in public. As an example, I had someone tell me I must have great faith in the local street sweepers. The fact of the matter is I don't trust them at all, I'm just not afraid of a little glass.

congrats LB! Sounds like a

congrats LB! Sounds like a fantastic race and way to go pushing in in 28min!

Who says the media has to be

Who says the media has to be our only target? ;-)

Northville "Solstice

Northville "Solstice Run"

Longboard I think my wife and I might be running this one. My son might do the 5K with our granddaughter. I think I have until Thursday at noon to register if I can figure out something with the dogs. Not sure if I would do the 10 mile or the 5k bare. I doubt I will be keeping up with you if I go BFR without destroying my feet. Not there bare yet.

wow, nice job LB!  Looks

wow, nice job LB! Looks like we have yet another celebrity in the house. Maybe a US tour is in the works?

And I did apologize about not running the 5th 3rd 5k with you right? I would have missed the 25k and that was my priority that morning (as well as trying to get warm).

btw - I'm trying to picture you with a beard similar to Kens. I say go for it.