Route mapping apps

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
Does anyone know of a website or app that can map (follow) trail routes without having to click a million times? Something like a follow road feature that works for partially identified trails on google maps or OSM? I have tried a few but have not had any luck. I use viewranger to track runs but was hoping to build a few that I have not run yet. Oh wait hang on....

"New in the My.ViewRanger community website
Print as PDF
- Print maps and route details of any route that you plot, any route that you download, and any track that you have recorded.

Export GPX - You can export the waypoints for any route that you plot or any of your recorded GPS tracks.

You'll see "Print as PDF" and "Export GPX" buttons on Route and Track pages."

Speaking of cadence I remember back in the day when I first starting barefoot running trying to find songs with a 90bpm cadence to run too. Beginners....

Speaking of cadence I remember back in the day when I first starting barefoot running trying to find songs with a 90bpm cadence to run too. Beginners....
You fell for the oldest one in the book!

That's ok, until recently I thought we were supposed to do behind-the-head pull-downs and upright rows.

Alice in Chains? I was still traveling back then, so blissfully unaware of new developments in music, and still am for the most part. And unlike most lifters I like groove rather than thrash in the background. Maybe that's why I never hurt myself.

What time do Belgians start drinking on Fridays?

Reactions: NickW
You fell for the oldest one in the book!

That's ok, until recently I thought we were supposed to do behind-the-head pull-downs and upright rows.

Alice in Chains? I was still traveling back then, so blissfully unaware of new developments in music, and still am for the most part. And unlike most lifters I like groove rather than thrash in the background. Maybe that's why I never hurt myself.

What time do Belgians start drinking on Fridays?

Lol Thursday?
Yeah AIC was the Seattle link between metal and grunge in the 90s. It's good heavy dark music if you like that kind of thing. The album "Dirt" is one of my favorite rock albums, rank right up there with LZ IV, Appettite, Metallica and Superunknown.

So I was trying to think of some other ridiculous stuff I read and tried about barefoot running and couldn't come up with much.
Bend your knees.
Run in a straight line.
Just run barefoot at first.

For the original thread - my brother in law uses an iPhone app called Footpath. You can trace a rough route on a map and it fits it to paths and gives you the distance. It sounds like you already had a solution, but I thought the app looked pretty cool.

For the threadjack - here's the song I can't seem to get away from if I'm thinking about cadence:

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts