Rock the Kilt

Gidds

Barefooters
Aug 28, 2011
This sub-forum obviously needs more attention. Post running kilt pics here.
running+weazel+running.jpg

running+weazel+standing.jpg

I don't like having my picture taken. I'm not sure if I've lost weight since May or the camera adds weight.

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
77f76379.jpg

Showing my best side at the MedCity Marathon in May.

Look how much more substantial the mens kilt is! I actually have a mens kilt as well because I had a bad feeling when I ordered the ladies that it wasn't going to be long enough for my standard of modesty. The mens version also had cooler options like leather buckles, so that is my "good" kilt that I wear in public and the blue one has been relegated to solo hiking, activities that involve getting dirty like yard work, any other time nobody is looking, and when I want to go fast. Sportkilt needs to learn that not all the ladies want to display their assets and that we like leather buckles and belt loops too!

Gidds, the one thing with the longer kilt is a good gust of wind can take that sucker right up, I usually end up flashing a few unsuspecting female runners along the way :oops:. Seriously I don't do it on purpose. But it does always seem to happen when there is women behind me though, not sure why must be just fate. ;)

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
It depends on the intent and attitude of the woman in question:
View attachment 1146

I'd never tell her she's wearing a skirt for fear that she'd deliver me an asswhupin' posthaste...

I ponder the kilt thing every now and again and haven't been able to make that jump just yet - part of it is because the kilts that actually look like kilts look very heavy and the lighter weight kilts look like....well....skirts...

I'll leave the loincloths to the likes of Migangelo and those with decidedly lower body fat than I.

Reactions: NickW
Get the hiking weight kilt from Sportkilt, very light synthetic fabric, doesn't look remotely skirtish if it is an appropriate length.

at least i know with my loin cloth, chafing is more frequent than a kilt. but it gets way more attention.

Vanessa Rodriguez posted this. I have that skirt and the same green kilt. I think both are a better choice than just tights. The skirt has nice fleecy tights that feel like sweats but don't look frumpy. I also like the traditional skirts worn by the indigenous persons in the-book-that-shall-not-be-named. Mike I hope you are pleased with yourself: whenever I open this thread my browser zooms right in on your loincloth pic, I am now hesitant to open it at work.

Yes. Unless I am mistaken Shacky is wearing the hiking kilt in green. It comes in universal green or blue tartan or black Stewart. You can get optional side pockets, belt loops, or buckles. The hiking model is more pricey than the original, but I own two and think they are worth it for the lightweight fabric and workmanship. Oh and made in the USA! Now if you really want one you should think about the length a little; Bob is wearing his "high" in the traditional fashion. Me and some other people wear them low for a variety of reasons including, for me, one of mine is indecently short and I want to cover as much as possible and I have a short tprso and it kind of looks like the kilt is wearing me if I put it on my actual waist instead of my hips. It's just a matter of personal preference. I refuse to wear shorts so it works well for me.

You all have inspired me. I just ordered the women's sportkilt mini. I hope it arrives in time for my Christmas Run on Dec. 22!

A kilt isn't a stretch for me as I've worn running skirts before. But I think the kilt just adds class and I need all the help I can get!!

Love to see guys in kilts.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts