Rock N Roll New Orleans

Bare Claws

Barefooters
May 3, 2014
Colleyville, Texas
I ran my second half marathon last weekend in New Orleans, with eleven miles of it barefoot. I was too cold at the beginning so wore my slip on VFFs for a couple of miles, then carried them the rest of the way. The course was fine for barefooting. Going out on St Charles street a little rough, so I hopped up onto the streetcar path and ran between the tracks on dirt for several miles. Saw a bit of glass on the home stretch through City Park but nothing bad. I wore my timing chip on a Velcro strap around my ankle and the starting mat didn't pick it up, but all the other mats did and I've never had a problem with that before. They will be correcting my time this week - to 2:37 I think. That's five minutes better than my first half which was five weeks ago. I didn't run much in between those two races and no long runs at all, due to lousy weather, so I was pleased with that time. And it did feel so much easier than the last race. I didn't see any other barefoot runners. And believe me, you get NO attention for barefoot running in NOLA. They've seen it all! It's a great destination for a winter race. Lots of snowbirds came for the race. And soooo much good food and drink. Plenty of activities to entertain singles, couples and families, too. Recommend!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090