Right knee

dirtdemon77

Barefooters
Apr 4, 2010
I ran a relatively easy 5k on Saturday morning, then ran 6.5 miles on trails Saturday evening...all in VFF's. Got up Sunday morning with my right knee all swollen up. The swelling is above the knee cap, and I have no pain at all. It does feel a little tight, but I think that's from the fluid. Ice doesn't take the swelling down, but heat does. Its totatally strange and I've never had anything like it before. Haven't run since Saturday as I'm waiting to see if the swelling goes away. On the verge of going to the...gasp...Doctor to see whats up. Not running is driving me crazy

That is odd.  Have you

That is odd. Have you searched the net for "heat reduces swelling?"

Still haven't found anything.

Still haven't found anything. I did run 6.5 miles barefoot on traisl tonight and the knee felt fine. The swelling goes away over night, but comes back as I go thru my day at work.

I had something similar a few

I had something similar a few years back while hiking high sierra peaks with my dad. My left knee would swell up, especially on the way down. The swelling and tightness would dissipate within a day or so. A doctor friend of mine said it was probably some kind of fluid leak. Not long after, I started running marathons and never had an issue with my knee. My guess - fluid leak.

Thanks gang. The whole fluid

Thanks gang. The whole fluid leak idea seems to be the general theme here. Talked to my son's XC trainor and he said the same thing. Sounds like my knee won't just implode somewhere in the backwoods and leave me to build crutches McGyver style and limp on home. Time to get back out there and keep going foward. Going to run my first totally barefoot race on Saturday. 10k on a golf course! I can't wait!

Good luck, Dirt!  Is that on

Good luck, Dirt! Is that on grass on the course or the paved pathways?

I run in a golf cart

I run in a golf cart community surrounded by golf courses everywhere. It was founded in the 70s, during the gas crunch, I suppose. I run on the asphalt cart paths here, miles and miles of them. They've been renamed to "multi-use paths," since they are used by so many different types of transporation, running, cycling, walking, dog walking, skate boarding, etc. The public is not allowed to run on the golf course cart paths...just the community cart paths. I've always wanted to just break off the main paths and hit the golf cart paths and the grass, but...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS