Research project on injury rates between shod and unshod runners

Zeke

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Hello all,

I'm taking time out from writing my race report from running the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run this last weekend in my VFFs to lend my support to a student research project looking to see if there are significant differences in injury rates between shod and unshod runners. Rebecca's message about her project is below. I encourage you to contact her at [email protected] if you are willing to take part in this survey based study.

Cheers,

Zeke

"Hello! I am a junior in Vancouver, WA who is conducting a research project related to barefoot running. I am looking at injury rates of barefoot runners versus shod runners and also within runners who are transitioning to barefoot or minimalist running. I am planning on collecting data through emailed surveys over a 3-4 month timer period. Currently I am looking for runners (esp. barefoot/minimalist or transitioning) who would be interested in participating. Your participation would include (1) entrance survey, (1) exit survey and a series of bi-weekly surveys. The study will be conducted from June (or July) to October. All information collected will be completely anonymous and you can choose to opt out at any time. Participation in this study will help evaluate the potential benefits of barefoot running in reducing injury rates in long distance runners. If you are 18-70 years old, run at least 20 miles a week and have run for at least 2 years, are not participating in collegiate or high school sports then you are eligible to participate. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact me at [email protected]

I will add you to the list of participants.

Thanks, Rebecca

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts