Report what your feet have been up to here, w/e Oct 24

Get well soon, Silly.  But I

Get well soon, Silly. But I have a question for you... I totally should have run that half pregnant. I didn't know you could get half pregnant."

Good luck on your marathon, Chick! Will you be running in a robe with those sandals?

15 mile barefoot run today. 

15 mile barefoot run today. This my longest distance barefoot, so far.

Started my run at 7:30am, and it was 35 degrees. My toes were a bit cold but after 40 minutes things started to warm up. The run was great, it was a beautiful day, once the sun came out things started to really warm up. It was 50 degrees by the end of my run.Time: 2:03:38
Pace: 8:15

Awesome, Adam!

Awesome, Adam!

I'm totally psyched to say I

I'm totally psyched to say I did a 13 mile run bf today. My friend asked if I was up for a longer route than normal and I sort of forgot I was barefoot and it was raining and agreed to it. No blisters, just a couple of hot spots that went away after a few hours. :-D.

Excellent, AJB!

Excellent, AJB!

7.5 miles today, planned for

7.5 miles today, planned for more but house duty this morning and a trip to Target this afternoon limited my time. Still a twinge in my left ankle, inner ankle just above the anklebone. Ice and rest for a couple days then see what's up.

I live right beside a golf

I live right beside a golf course on the fifth floor over-looking it, and everyday it usually motivates me to go run around like a child. I like to encorporate some movnat in with my work and climb a very large tree that I have chosen to be my favorite. It's located at the top of the largest hill in the area, and up there... things seem so clear and real. Anyway, I went on a run around the golf course today and got kicked off. that's never happened, and I guess I was getting in people's way which I made sure not to. If folks were teeing off, I'd stop and wait for them to whack away. So I just took to the streets and explored a little. It turned out to be a good run and I have no clue how far I had run... I was out for about an hour and a half with intermittent stops to take in a view or climb a tree.

I run in a golf cart city,

I run in a golf cart city, and we are not allowed on the private golf cart paths either; anywhere on the city's golf cart paths are fine though. They are actually called mulit-use paths now, since there are so many runners, walkers, dog walkers, bicyclists, skate boarders, etc.

Did 20 bf miles on asphalt

Did 20 bf miles on asphalt today. Ran 17 of them and had to walk the last 3.

I usually run on sidewalks which are a bit easier for longer mileage . Will definitely have to work on this so I can do Vancouver bare.

My race was today - I'll post

My race was today - I'll post a race report sometime over at RWOL and crosspost here. I had a cold that moved into my chest and it was warmer than I thought it would be, so it was tough because I was losing hydration really quickly. By the 2 mile turnaround, my lips were superdry and I was parched. I did OK, though. I had this crazy dream of going sub 40:00 (10:00 pace) that would have been a big reach for me right now with my training (best 5K time ever and not recent was 9:57 pace). I ended up running even splits of 10:20 pace. The last race I did was a 5k under the same race direction at 10:46 pace, so I was pretty happy with my speed improvements. I kinda wonder how much better I would have been with clear lungs and no fever? it was also not chip timed, so I lost time getting out of the start area.

2.5 Monday

5.5 Today (1.5 mile warmup).

I ran 6 miles yesterday

I ran 6 miles yesterday morning, my longest distance so far. I started with the same route as last week and managed to go barefoot through the 2 small sections where I had to put my huaraches last week. My legs feel great and could have gone longer but the bottom of my feet was sore. The discomfort in my feet made me a little tense in my back and shoulders for the last mile.

I'm surprised that my feet are still so swollen today. I don't have blisters or cuts but it feels puffy and raw in the front of the pad of my feet.

My 10k is in 2 weeks, I hope I can run it barefoot but I will carry huaraches with me. I'll start increasing mileage after the race.

I only ran 11 miles this

I only ran 11 miles this week...it's a rest week for me :)....6 miles on monday, 5 yesterday....

this coming week will be more, especially since we are traveling up to buffalo fri-sunday and I want to experience running up there :)

Only 11 miles?? Rest week??

Only 11 miles?? Rest week?? You are possessed dude. :cool: :cool:

I bruised the sole of my left foot this past Monday on my 2.6 mile bf run so took it easy until yesterday and did a one hour bare foot walk on the beach.

2.5 Monday5.5 Saturday (1.5

2.5 Monday

5.5 Saturday (1.5 mile warmup and 4 mile race)

6.4 Sunday

14.4 Total all in Bikilas

No long run due to chest cold and fever (I can't believe how much I sweated today on an easy 6 and half).

how can I be possessed when

how can I be possessed when guys like Burt put out those kinds of miles regularly???? Fantastic!

I spent this week slowly

I spent this week slowly getting over the cold/sinutus/agony-fest that wiped me out last week. I tried to stay in the game by running a little bit on most days.

Monday 1.5 miles, tried the ZEMs. They were okay but I was striking hard. Took some mental effort to lighten up the step.

Wednesday 2.3 miles barefoot.

Friday 2.0 miles barefoot.

Sunday 3.6 miles barefoot.

for a total of 9.4 miles.

But finally today I felt good enough to actually consume the beer that my 5-year old bought me when he heard I was sick last week. Check it out, we've got this whole cryptozoological theme going on here:

5112214383_22955dc237_d.jpg

Still looking forward to trying to rock Kevin's Cup in a few weeks.